Sign in to follow this  
Jimocles

Brushless Car washes

thought I would try one out in J'ville last night before the car trial

lots of fun even though I came last by a long long way. go to the next one!

anywho, the jets got under my rear corner bumper trim and popped that baby right off, didnt notice until I got back to town, rung the gassy, pretty helpful in a just got stoned to see me through the nightshift kind of way. until it actually came to do anything, my mate rocked in there on his way home 11ish and it was still sitting right in the middle of the carwash , so that was cool dont have to buy one.

got the carwash at 7pm couldnt believe it was still there at 11 and hadnt been run over repeatedly

d00h, gutted...

hence why I always cjump out of teh car after those and check everything, not to mention often rinse suds off that they leave <_<

i wouldnt mind having a go,want another passenger next time?

James you lazy Posted Image - wash the car yourself Posted Image

Just don't go overboard like Martyn and spend 4 hours with the claybar :lol:

sheesh i spent more than that,didnt have a claybar and ididnt finish!

Guest Andrew

sheesh i spent more than that,didnt have a claybar and ididnt finish!

its never finished - i feel your pain.

That brushless carwash in Jville is truely awful (the Caltex on Broderick Road?). Half of the time it seems to be broken, and even when its working it leaves soapcrud all over the roof or only does a half-baked job.

Avoid!! :thumbsdown:

I used to use the one near the airport wen I had my trusty ol' DX.

Its used to make the car wobble and shake just from water pressure.

the Rolla neva leaked a drop!!!!

:mosh:

thought I would try one out in J'ville last night before the car trial

lots of fun even though I came last by a long long way. go to the next one!

anywho, the jets got under my rear corner bumper trim and popped that baby right off, didnt notice until I got back to town, rung the gassy, pretty helpful in a just got stoned to see me through the nightshift kind of way. until it actually came to do anything, my mate rocked in there on his way home 11ish and it was still sitting right in the middle of the carwash , so that was cool dont have to buy one.

got the carwash at 7pm couldnt believe it was still there at 11 and hadnt been run over repeatedly

Hey,

If i were you i would never use a carwash again. They dont remove the dirt, and...

In E36's they tend to flood the DME, so you end up buying a new one. The drainage is terrible, so if there is as much water coming at it like in a car wash, it will flood the whole thing.

In conclusion, please dont use a carwash again, dont say i didnt warn you!

In E36's they tend to flood the DME, so you end up buying a new one. The drainage is terrible, so if there is as much water coming at it like in a car wash, it will flood the whole thing.

That's true, my friend's e36 M3 has the engine computer damaged twice in 3 years. Both from auto car wash.

When the computer is gone, it kicks into safe mode/limp home mode. It won't rev over 3000.

That brushless carwash in Jville is truely awful (the Caltex on Broderick Road?). Half of the time it seems to be broken, and even when its working it leaves soapcrud all over the roof or only does a half-baked job.

Avoid!! :thumbsdown:

and thens theres the story of the fresh Jap import SUV, that Caltex Jville repainted cos of the chemical damage caused by the cleaning fluids a couple or three years ago

I'd rather drive a dirty car than have a Car Wash "clean" my car.

Half an hour doing it yourself aint a big deal anyway - my car doesnt look remotely clean from an automatic carwash..

Carwashes suck.

But the gas station has to pay for any damage, and it usually not hard to get them to do so.

"hey bro, your carwash melted my piston, gonna need you to replace it..."

You better be able to prove the damage is caused by the carwash.

There is probably fine print on the carwash terms & conditions that say they aren't resposible for any damage to your car.

Personally I do use the occaisional auto carwash, because my house (and water) is 80 steps away from my car... and it is a right proper pain in the ass to lug water & materials up & down.

(yes I'm lazy) :rolleyes:

Personally I do use the occaisional auto carwash, because my house (and water) is 80 steps away from my car... and it is a right proper pain in the ass to lug water & materials up & down.

(yes I'm lazy)  :rolleyes:

Decent length of hose with a trigger gun on the end would sort that one out mate !

Im off out to give it the once over.....doesnt look like Ill have time to wax too, but should be looking alright for this arvo :D

Edited by martyyn

(yes I'm lazy) :rolleyes:

You could always drive to one of those 'drive in an DIY' places..

The biggest issue is that carwashes flood the computer.. Its russian roulette ever time.

Decent length of hose with a trigger gun on the end would sort that one out mate !

Would have to be about 150m of hose!

And if my car can survive a Famous Wellington Southerly storm it can survive a carwash.

where is the dme in an e36?..i cant think of ANY way,short of submerging my e34 to the bottom of the windows that the dme would even get damp....

behind the glove box on the other side of the firewall.

what is a DME?

i just used one today, only thing i noticed, the brakes hated it.. it groaned really loudly for abit.

isn't that sort normal when you get water in the brakes anyway ... mine sorta makes a noise when i finished washing the car anwyay ..

its never happened in any other cars ive owned.

this is like a reall DEEP groan, you can feel it vibrate thru the whole car. it was kinda scarry..