Sign in to follow this  
thorburn

Free Beer

Done without Wiki

Does that mean Im a know all or just a piss head

Most of the stuff I already knew apart from who started brewing in NZ, multiple choice options were : Captain Cook - Sir Edmund Hillary - Colin Meads

ROFL! I think Colin Meads was just a consumer, not a manufacturer!

I don't think Sir Ed was the creator of couch burning and student riots.

Got an email today saying I was rejected :(

Anyone get in?

my quest for free beer continues

I have had better luck in my student mates fridges.

Anyone know if this stuff is actually any good? Some great craft beer in NZ, and a friend and I try new brews every Thursday. We visit each other's house with our own pick of the week and compare notes. If this is any good might give it a crack tomorrow avo as I haven't bought mine for tomorrow and need something new. Otherwise I have to pull out a secret weapon I've been hiding for a awhile...

Well this has paid off.

Boundary Road Brewery have sent out twenty-two thousand $5 notes. As they say "Vouchers are not the easiest things to put together. After all we are brewers not voucher-smiths."

I think it's an awesome advertising campaign

Keep an eye on your mail box

Tried the Pilsner last night and it wasn't that great in my opinion

Edited by bbs

wow....that's alotta money, hope they can afford it. Just got my $5's with "beer money" sticker on it, but i dont think it'll contribute towards purchase of their beers

f**k knows where to buy thier beer from locally

Didn't even know five dollar notes still existed <_<

f**k knows where to buy thier beer from locally

Some supermarkets stock it. Or any wholesaler with craft beer. I haven't tried it yet, mainly because it hasn't reviewed well. Boundary Road is just a clever marketing campaign by Independent Breweries as best as I can tell. It's possibly toward the premium end of the market, but it's only pretending to be craft beer. I'll probably buy some at some point so I actually know what Im talking about, but for now I'll stick to some of my tried and true favourite brews like Moa, dogfish head and to some extent Epic, etc. Been cranking the old speckled hen lately because found somewhere that has it on tap...

Other beer nuts out there wanting to compare notes over a brew feel free to pm me.

Ps. probably coming across as a beer snob wanker. Never fear, I chop back the cheap and cheerful the same as anyone, but a couple of times a week there's nothing better than some serious beer with serious flavour. There's at least 3 of us on Bimmersport with a taste for the good stuff.

I got mine today too, went to gas for my sober driver tonight though, f**k spending it on their over priced beer!

Can't wait till I finish my degree and get a real job so that I can forget that $5 notes exist!

I'll stick to some of my tried and true favourite brews ...

Same here, think I'll stick to the Tui's for now!

Nothing but class B)

Semi on topic.

2 I recommend for beer lovers. Both available at Brew on Quay, my new favourite "2 beer" kind of place. IE: I'll go in, drink 2 beers and feel well satisfied.

Posted Image

Posted Image