Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Braided SS brake lines

Hello.

So I have heard in the past that stainless braided brake lines are illegal in some situations.

I was looking to up grade my E36 old rubber brake lines since they are getting tired. Instead of just going for new OEM brake lines, I thought I may as well go one step further and get some Troutman braided lines which are Dot 4 approved.

(Model: PLB533106D)

Posted Image

I will be having the vehicle certified later next month, so would these Troutman lines be passable in the certification?

Or will I run into trouble since they cant be inspected visually due to the steel jacket?

I'd say your more thank likely to be ok with these as they have crimped fittings. The cert laws have on briaded lines have been relaxed a bit since they first came in.

I have ones on a race mini that I'm converting back to road use I'm building that have a second nut where the line goes onto the fitting. I belive that it this type they are not letting through as they are worried about DYI's lossening these by mistake (LTSA and low volume cert web pages)