Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

2012 - F30 Photoshoot uncovered

Posted Image

Breaking: 2012 BMW F30 3-series Caught Uncovered at Photoshoot!!

What a weekend! First spyshots of the new M3, then had the first leak of the Performance Concept 1-series and now this:

An eagle eyed tipster managed to take the first (albeit blurry) shots of the new BMW 3-series sedan (F30). From what can be seen in those photos it will be a very handsome and evolutionary design. The front appears sporty yet elegant and -- to the relief of many -- the headlights are sleeker and smaller compared to the F20 1-series. The rear clearly shows a family resemblance to the F10 5-series, yet the rearlights are somewhat different at the outer edges to make for a unique look.

As with the F20, the side turn indicators are now integrated into the mirros. There appears to be some badging at the front quarter panel where the side indicators used to sit. This makes us believe that BMW will introduce design lines for the new 3-series as well. The F20 1-series is available with Urban and Sport design lines, we expect the F30 3-series to sport similar design lines.

The exterior color seen here is called Mineral Gray. The interior of this particular car seems to be grey or beige. Interestingly, both dashboard and steering wheel have the same color. BMW actually seems to be repeating its past with their fully colored interiors of past days (also seen on F30 long wheel base prototypes meant for China). These shots also show that Head Up Display will finally make its way to the 3-series, as well as the free-standing iDrive screen following the design scheme introduced with the F12/3 6-series.

F30 begins production in November 2011. The 2012 Model Year will run until June 2012, upon which point it will switch to the 2013 Model Year. Sales will begin in Europe around the time of its world public premiere at the 2011 Geneva show - in March, 2012. US sales should begin next Spring.

Soruce: More details and photos

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572138

Looks better than the last series.

...but if I had the choice I'd still rather have a new A4 or S4

Getting bigger and bigger, compare E30 to E90.

Is it just me or does that look just like a 5 series?

The Germans are going for a family face. Look what VW, Audi and Merc did to their line of cars. Within the brand, all cars look similar from the front.

Getting bigger and bigger, compare E30 to E90.

Give them an excuse to slot a smaller car in from the bottom in a few years time. That's how 1-series was born.

Yes it looks very similar to the 5 and 7 series but its what BMW does, they have just strayed from it a bit during the 90's and 2000's. Think back to the 70's and 80's shape BMW's. The ones like E30, E34 and E32 all look similar. So I guess the new line is like a homage to all that.. But thats just my thoughts on it...

On second thoughts Id rather have an F30....

In saying that I have no idea... I haven't driven any of them to compare!

I'll just stick with my v8 e36 for the meantime...

F20 and F25 are both great cars to drive, the new 118i is a stonking little car, the X3 3.0d is stupid fast, like performance car fast. I'm sure the F30 will live up to BMW standards.

I have faith.