Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Suzuki RS-R WORKS 1988

Selling this to make way for another BMW so up for sale is my SUZUKI RS-R WORKS, very rare.

1988 SUZUKI RS-R WORKS, NZ new.

543cc 3 cylinder, double overhead cam, 12 valve, multi-point EFI, turbo, inter-cooled with oil cooled pistons. 5 speed transaxle with full time 4WD (2WD can be selected by a lever from under the car). Suzuki only sold one of these cars in NZ and this is it, the first model Works were manufactured in limited numbers and are difficult to come by.

This car has really good handling characteristics for a Japanese car of this era and is at its best going fast.

This car has only done 90,300 kms and is basically original except that the turbo and injectors have been upgraded by a previous owner and they fitted a Momo steering wheel.

The car was in a private collection for about 6 years and then the last owner had it for about 3 years, they carried out extensive maintenance. New tyres, brake parts, engine seals, water pump, cam belt, alternator & water pump belts. Overhauled transaxle, alternator, starter motor, turbo , battery etc. I have owned the car since May and had no troubles at all using it as a daily, it is also very good on fuel.

The Lifters are noisy so will need some head work in the future. What this car lacks in size it more than makes up in ugliness and attracting looks for all the wrong reasons.

Sadly I need to sell as I need a tow car. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Here is the promo video from when the car first came out -

Here is the trademe auction for more pics and I am looking for ~$4k - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=408193598

Here is a writeup on the 2wd version - http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Wicked-Alto...97/article.html

Posted Image

Edited by Jamez

I has a limiter at 9500rpm but from my research they will goto 12000rpm safely with standard internals.

Top speed of 120kph, christ that's quick.

would be scary in that lil car :/ drove a honda city once... damn scary at the motorway hahaha

Top speed of 120kph, christ that's quick.

It will actually goto 210km/h quite happily. It was a Kei car requirement that the speedo only goes to 120km/h

would be scary in that lil car :/ drove a honda city once... damn scary at the motorway hahaha

Its actually not that bad, being a manual steering rack you feel in control. I feel more scared driving my dad's V12 Jag at 100km/h as it seems to move all over the road.

edit - Also add in the fact the roads seem a lot wider as it only takes up about half a lane.

Edited by Jamez

i bet the novelty of the car would wear off quite quickly though?

What was the car built to commemorate?

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

i bet the novelty of the car would wear off quite quickly though?

What was the car built to commemorate?

It took months before it became just another car and every time I drive it I get giggles :D

I don't think it was built for any reason at all but to see how many features they could pack into a Kei Car.

WANT! oh so much.... cant afford and auck is too far away :(

Gl with the sale, hope it goes to someone that will look after it.

hmmm tempted... but got a project on the works.. saving up for it now