Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Torque Wrench

where do i get one from? im looking at getting one soon, something decent but not stupidly expensive. what should i expect to pay and where from?

Seen them from $30 (@supercheap) to $300+ (Snap-On, etc...)

Everywhere have them, Supercheap, Repco, Placemakers, Bunnings, Mitre10, etc...

I guess torque wrench is torque wrench. Maybe the expensive ones torque closer to what's indicated (more accurate torque) when it clicks.

If I need one, I will pay up to $100 for a reasonably good one. I always believe a good tool will last you 15 years of good use or more..

Yes in terms of tools i think i would pay a bit more for a decnet one rather than a budget one .. that last like 10mins ..

Spend upto $120-00. Get one that goes 'CLICK' at torque, not pops out a metal spindle at torque. The are notorously incorrect.

Also get one with a good hard plastic case. One meeting with a concrete floor can throw out the calibration.

best if its made in the USA as well...

best if its made in the USA as well...

That would run into a few hundred bucks.....

Don't China make good tools???

(Chinese myself but no racial comment pls...)

That would run into a few hundred bucks.....

Don't China make good tools???

(Chinese myself but no racial comment pls...)

Classic!

If you want a good torque wrench Gus give me a pm cos I no a Snap on rep well and have a mate who spends thousands of dollars with him so i kan get a prety mean price, hes got the digital lcd screen on his prety sazzy aye, But i know you dont want anything to flash, but if your intrested ill see what i can do for ya,.

cheers matt

If you want a good torque wrench Gus give me a pm cos I no a Snap on rep well and have a mate who spends thousands of dollars with him so i kan get a prety mean price, hes got the digital lcd screen on his prety sazzy aye, But i know you dont want anything to flash, but if your intrested ill see what i can do for ya,.

Could we probably organise a group buy on that??

I am in but price dependent.

Like evryone else has said, spend a bit extra and buy a decent one.

Just a side note, remember to set the torque wrench back to zero when you've finished using it. Can through the calibration out if you dont.

Could we probably organise a group buy on that??

I am in but price dependent.

How many people are intrested?
What sort of price are we looking at now for 1??

At least we get some idea.

Posibly which model of torque wrench from snap-on?

They got quite a few different size.

id be down for a GB, but mainly depends on price. i just want one for when i start doing engine sh*t, and also to put clutch together with more peace of mind really

Depending on price I'd be in on the group buy.

If this is the one, I'll be drooling........

Seen this on eBay a couple of time, didn't pay much attention until we are talking about torque wrench here....

Electronic Torque Wrench prevents over-torquing.

April 4, 2003 07:12 - Accurate up to 2% clockwise and 4% counterclockwise, TECHWRENCH™ allows users to adjust settings by pressing one button. Unit has four separate operating buttons with one function each, which include on, up or down torque selection, and unit of measure. Unit has torque range of 5–100 lb-ft. and can be read in three different units of measure: in.-lb, ft-lb, and Nm. Ergonomic, non-slip handle vibrates and beeps to let technicians know when to stop pulling.

Edited for smaller picture

post-6-1117619414.jpg

Edited by my_e36