Sign in to follow this  
APT

Another E36 M3

ooooooohhh i like! no $$ though :-(

No wof No Rego??

If you were looking for one,at that price, you'd definitely want to have a look at least

Bloody cheap, Kms aren't a worry.

Even with no service history?..

Most people go on about service history, yes it's good but not super essential, easy enough to check the car out, no wierd noises, goes well etc. Few things you can check under the bonnet, oil sludging under the filler cap means lack of servicing, coolant in the reservoir is green, most people don't realise if the coolant is on the weak side (basically water) the internal water jackets can corode.

For that kinda money it's worth the gamble.

As long as the body is straight, everything else can be fixed.

Ideal price to do a semi rebuilt and replace key parts etc, 10k for the car, 5k on repairs.

:)

Did anyone get this dudes number? It was on there but when it went to offered it was removed.

Seems a bit dodgey that the one and only bid was only one dollar less than the reserve...

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Seems a bit dodgey that the one and only bid was only one dollar less than the reserve...

quite common , they just lower the reserve so the next bids owns it

=D The car turned out to be f**ked. got a bmw check and they said to stay away unless i wanna spend 5k to fix the thing up. I will feel sorry to the person that buys it.

Vanos codes + sounds. all the brakes + hoses ,bottom end rattle, bits of rust under the car + more i have 2 pages of things wrong with it, drove fine but just dont wanna take the risk.

+ pictures must be a few years old. Car has been fully resprayed and must of been done on the cheap

leather is yellow and f**ked [could be fixed but still]

Edited by 5amchris

quite common , they just lower the reserve so the next bids owns it

Quite common alright, a mate of his probably bidded that amount to create extra interest. Ofcourse it could be legit but I've seem some shenanigans on Tard Me over the years.

Just to end this, the dude that was bidding is this dude http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=38125

and i also tried to call the bidder thinking he was a mate and he wouldn't pick up =/

O well the world is still spinning just feel sorry for the person that buys it thinking its fine

=D The car turned out to be f**ked. got a bmw check and they said to stay away unless i wanna spend 5k to fix the thing up. I will feel sorry to the person that buys it.

hey im looking at buying an m3 soon, possiby an e36, sounds like these guys knew their stuff. Can you tell me who they are for when I need a check?

I took it into Jeff Gray wellywood, Pretty happy i got it looked over but also pretty sad that it didnt turn out with me having a new car =/

Life

Yeah would have a been a great buy at 10k if it was straight.

I guess theres no such thing as a cheap M powered car :)

Always better off with a well looked after one for a bit more coin.