Sign in to follow this  
Captain K

Andre Cowans race engine for sale

We are selling the engine that Andre used for the last few years. The TradeMe advert reads -

"This engine has won the BMW open class championship twice, the NZGT's once, and broken track records for the BMW series. It is a 3.2L S50B32 from an E36 M3. It comes with dual VANOS, alternator, inlet plenum and boot, ARP head and big end bolts, multilayer steel head gasket, MoTeC engine map (no MoTeC electronics), blanked off idle adjuster, electrical plugs (but no wiring loom), multi-throttle bodies, two oxygen sensors, extrators, and all pulleys. It does not have a power steering pump, starter motor, flywheel (needs a race flywheel) or air filter. It was running perfectly when removed from the car. Advice can be given for tuning. It most recently made 200 kW at the rear wheels at HiVelocity (dyno sheet available)."

Give me a call on 021 879 761 if interested, Brett

We are selling the engine that Andre used for the last few years. The TradeMe advert reads -

"This engine has won the BMW open class championship twice, the NZGT's once, and broken track records for the BMW series. It is a 3.2L S50B32 from an E36 M3. It comes with dual VANOS, alternator, inlet plenum and boot, ARP head and big end bolts, multilayer steel head gasket, MoTeC engine map (no MoTeC electronics), blanked off idle adjuster, electrical plugs (but no wiring loom), multi-throttle bodies, two oxygen sensors, extrators, and all pulleys. It does not have a power steering pump, starter motor, flywheel (needs a race flywheel) or air filter. It was running perfectly when removed from the car. Advice can be given for tuning. It most recently made 200 kW at the rear wheels at HiVelocity (dyno sheet available)."

Give me a call on 021 879 761 if interested, Brett

Correct me if i'm wrong, but 200wkw doent sound like anything more than std ??

Or is it just that, a standard engine?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but 200wkw doent sound like anything more than std ??

Or is it just that, a standard engine?

My standard 3.2 dyno's at 184.8 Kw, hope you dont mind me butting in Brett

Mark

yea thats plenty ,

my 4.4L v8 manual tuned did 190rwkw

and a std 3l m3 does about 160-165rwkw

all on the same dyno

Should remember, only ever driven on the weekends!

motec with a good tune adds a few kw

Although we have changed bits and pieces on the engine (ARP bolts etc), we kept the core engine standard for reliability. Gavin Bellars said it was the most power he had seen out of one of these - I am not sure if it is the MoTeC tuning or some other magic we might be able to bottle and sell.

I can confirm that the last owner only drove it short distances on six weekends each year.

I can confirm that the last owner only drove it short distances on six weekends each year.

To church and back?

Or perhaps some other form of more expensive religion!

PS, Anyway know how the HiVelocity dyno reads relative to the Torque Performance Dyno?

Edited by Beeker2

PS, Anyway know how the HiVelocity dyno reads relative to the Torque Performance Dyno?

From my experience Gavins dyno reads slightly lower but if you tell him that he responds with saying his one "reads right" :D

200kw is pretty impressive from the s50b32 .... especially considering that the s65b40 is about 218kw at the wheels on torque performance dyno.

200kw is pretty impressive from the s50b32 .... especially considering that the s65b40 is about 218kw at the wheels on torque performance dyno.

Gavin managed to get 200kw out of my S50b32 to, must be his special mapping skills.