Sign in to follow this  
flake

E30 WTB/WTS/information needed/wanted/general discussion

Hey, here’s a list with a bunch of things I am in need of to finish putting my e30 back together. It’s coming up to the final stages.

At the moment this thread is WTB and for information but I’ll update it with some WTS goodies later in the week. Ruthless Summer Clean in my garage starts now!

Interested in finding a write up on a PFL to FL head light conversion, I’ve been trawling/trolling the web but can’t find anything. Obviously I don’t know where to look. I think I remember Ray at HellBM offers this service? WTB information.

Also another write up on a good DIY, (that someone has used), to rebuild a med-case LSD.

WTB E30 race series progressive kings lowering springs

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=442789

If you would, send me a PM what you have and how much for.

Thank

Edited by flake

What do you need to know about rebuilding the lsd?

I think i've got one of the cushions that fits in part 13(unless i've tossed it). Not worth anything to me so if I find it you can have it.

What do you need to know about rebuilding the lsd?

I think i've got one of the cushions that fits in part 13(unless i've tossed it). Not worth anything to me so if I find it you can have it.

basically wanting to know step by step by step by step by step instructions about rebuilding a LSD for dummies.lol

and as for part 13 if you find it i will greatly take it off your hands, (i'm not too much of a tight-arse so i will cover shipping and blah blah blah for you)

You can borrow my car for a day and copy the headlight wiring.

And I have a brass sleeve you can purchase.

You can borrow my car for a day and copy the headlight wiring.

And I have a brass sleeve you can purchase.

yay! :)

The only hard bit is buying the parts for it. Shims and clutches are quite pricey. Part numbers are in my build thread somewhere

-drain oil

-Pull output shafts

-Unbolt endplate

-Unbolt sides. MARK THESE AND THE SHIMS so they don't get mixed up from left to right. This is pretty much the only thing you can mess up

-Pull out sides while supporting the lsd case and ring gear

-Pull apart lsd. If you loose track of what order things go in theres a pic in my build thread of the order.

I'll have a look around for the exact torque settings and what the tolerances should be inside the lsd.

Hey, here’s a list with a bunch of things I am in need of to finish putting my e30 back together. It’s coming up to the final stages.

At the moment this thread is WTB and for information but I’ll update it with some WTS goodies later in the week. Ruthless Summer Clean in my garage starts now!

Interested in finding a write up on a PFL to FL head light conversion, I’ve been trawling/trolling the web but can’t find anything. Obviously I don’t know where to look. I think I remember Ray at HellBM offers this service? WTB information.

Also another write up on a good DIY, (that someone has used), to rebuild a med-case LSD.

WTB Bumpstops with shock boot covers to suit 51mm koni’s. Preferably the boots be a funny colour, black is boring, and it’ll match my rainbow theme underbody.

WTB E30 race series progressive kings lowering springs

WTB a set of front strut rubber locators that go either end of the spring. Top, bottom on both left and right hand sides

Gearbox shifter is sloppy, I have the Z3 short shifter but I need to replace the plastic cup that it sits in (part 6) and also that plastic bush that gets replaced with brass (I think Mosen’s sell this) in the shifter linkage arm (part 2). Also is there a plastic something in (part 13-19) that needs replacement to stiffen up. WTB

WTB Alternator brushes, second hand but still in good nick. Plan to rebuild it at some stage.

What spark plugs are the m20b25/b28 boys using? Recommendations please?

If you would, send me a PM what you have and how much for.

Thank

Hey Anthony,

have a couple of E30's here and another possibly arriving tonight

cheers

Jon

ok so i have a bit of a frankenstein e30 m20 setup going on and have a few queries about with what i'm mix and matching.

the car is NZ new PFL and i'm running a rebuilt FL engine, no problems there it's just the engine management side of things. the motronic 1.3 engine loom is from a jap and has the extra plugs for o2 sensor and the charcoal canister. o2 sensor i've blanked off using the proper bmw blanking plug, but the charcoal canister plug is just chillin out unplugged as it is not being used, no real problems there either.

i would like to keep the loom looking tidy and complete so if anyone has a blanking plug for that to finish it off please.

the main worry is with the ecu. if i mate a jap ecu to this it will have the programming for the o2 sensor and charcoal canister and god knows what else. the car is gonna get a remap from Gavin at Hi-Velocity so will he be able to delete this function? and obviously he'll fine tune the fuel air maps. or would i be better off getting the ecu from a NZ, SA or English FL 325i? there is also the debate about using an automatic ecu.

so which will be the best/easiest for this combination? and are there any curve balls you think i may have missed.

all i can help you with is that i know that an auto or manual ECU is identical except for the fact that you would have to trick the auto ECU into thinking its permanantly in neutral. its just a case of grounding a particular pin and quite basic. used to know what pin it was but its been 3 or 4 years since i did the manual conversion on my M20. easiest to get a manual ECU if its going into a manual shell.

If its being remapped its academic no?

PS Flake we are taking out the e36 injectors & going back to e30...way too much overfuelling happening

FOR SALE all prices are ONO. I'm not to sure on the current value of parts nowadays so make an offer, everything has to go! Prefer pickup in Wellington, but possibly can ship items.

post-4454-1330740711.jpg

TechII rear bumper apron - fiberglass, fits well, no cracks or paint chips

$300

post-4454-1330742355.jpg

PFL E30 single mass lightened flywheel, clutch, PP and matching starter motor. Clutch has heaps of life left in it, nice and soft feel. Flywheel to suit PFL with sensors in gearbox, but still will work on FL.

$150.00

post-4454-1330742532.jpg

PFL Alpina heckspolier. Has part numbers etc. Dusty and fading a bit. Doesn't come with rusty boot lid.

$180.00

PM, reply in this thread or text/call 0276965789

Moving to Australia in a month or so

Edited by flake

BUMP plus more

post-4454-1331483912.jpg

Small case 3.91 ratio open diff, factory solid rubber mounting bush, full of new oil. Not to noisy.

$40.00

post-4454-1331484265.jpg

2009 Redline 5.1 Street BMX. Hasn't had a hard life with me, a few drops here and there but no major bails.

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/archives/2009-rl-51

$380.00

Now finally my E30

325i auto

4 door

Sport type gearbox

Headgasket etc replaced by previous owner

Black leather Recaros from a coupe and matching door cards

SE steering wheel

Volvo front Lip

Bilstein shocks and Superlow King Springs front and rear

New Battery

New Control arms

M3 rubber offset bushes OEM

Not Sold with roof racks or Tech1 spoiler

Will be sold on bottle caps

WOF and reg till mid June

Paint work is the only let down, roof very faded.

Small piece of rust forming under the passenger side tail light

Has been in the Bimmersport family for a while so lets keep it that way.

I've been using this car the last year as a work horse with the intentions of doing it up and looking presentable.lol that hasn't happened. Has been a good reliable car with nothing major happening, gotten me to and from work without fail. Car is to be for sale in a couple of weeks, still need it in the mean time.

Price $3K ONO

Few stages of its life with me.

post-4454-1331485314.jpg

post-4454-1331485356.jpg

As it was when I first brought it.

post-4454-1331485387.jpg

Lowered on the Kings and Billys

post-4454-1331485460.jpg

Volvo Lip and big wheels

post-4454-1331485519.jpg

How low it is compared to a standard e30

post-4454-1331485556.jpg

When it snowed in Wellington

post-4454-1331485591.jpg

At the BS track day

Edited by flake

Also can this be moved to the For Sale section. Thanks

post-4454-1333990941.jpg

E30 Large Toolkit and boot lid trim. No tools

$50.00

post-4454-1333991032.jpg

post-4454-1333991174.jpg

Unbroken E30 fusebox cover. Prefer pick up in Wellington as it doesn't make sense having it broken through postage. I should really be keeping it as spare.

$40.00

Will also include this.

post-4454-1333991212.jpg

post-4454-1333991238.jpg

Unbroken E28 fusebox cover. Fits e30 fusebox, only difference is the screw holes are on opposite sides.

$30.00

post-4454-1333991395.jpg

post-4454-1333991539.jpg

E30 FL 318i firewall loom cover (will fit all engine sizes). Complete with unbroken C101 plug holder. Tidys up the engine bay nicely and a great place to keep spare relays.

$50.00

post-4454-1333991555.jpg

post-4454-1333991566.jpg

Edited by flake