Sign in to follow this  
slideways

Leather seat treatment

I'm looking to get something to help keep my e30's black leather mint and that I can regularly apply. My leather is in really good condition (for an e30) and I want to keep it that way.

Whats the best stuff out there people have used?

Anyone tried this stuff? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=430127995

Cheers

Edited by slideways

I haven't tried that stuff, but have used Wurth Leather Care with great results. It's German too.

It does make it kind of slippery though - which anything that reduces friction, and therefore wear, is going to do. I guess.

I used to use a beeswax based leather balsam (so the bottle said), but it left it a bit greasy. I used to smear it all over, then let it soak for a while in the sun, then polish as much off as I could. Was still a bit greasy, but it was super soft.

Thanks for that! That's good to know.

Due to its age, the leather is trying to crack so something that helps keep it soft would be what im looking for.

I'm looking to get something to help keep my e30's black leather mint and that I can regularly apply. My leather is in really good condition (for an e30) and I want to keep it that way.

Whats the best stuff out there people have used?

Anyone tried this stuff? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=430127995

Cheers

Haven't used that but according to sales blurb... everybody else has/does :rolleyes:

Use Advantage the Wonder cleaner. Best thing since cake and ice cream, but unlike Madonna it's never been touched.