Sign in to follow this  
viktro

Automotive photography workshop (Free)

Hey everyone,

I'm running a free automotive photography workshop for Bimmersport members.

In this workshop, I'll cover off the process I go through in performing the photoshoot. Depending on the skill level of people that turn up, I'll cover the basic fundamentals of photography as well. The workshop will be hands on, we'll have a car to shoot and I'll tutor and guide as we go through the shoot.

We won't be using artificial lighting, I'll just be using a middle of the range consumer DSLR and a tripod. Something that everybody can own without too much difficulty.

By the end of the workshop, the intention is that you'll be able to take the skills away to shoot your own car :).

I've been predominantly amateur up until recently when I decided to turn professional. What I want to get out of doing the workshop is just getting my name out there and meeting some cool people with a likeminded passion of cars and photography :).

The details of the workshop are as follows:

Date: Wednesday 25th January 2012

Time: 6:30pm

Location: Down the end of the Wynyard quarter, on the concrete pad next to the six large concrete silos and superyachts

Some of you may know me from this photo I took of crazyarab's old E30 325 M-Tech2. A long time ago now!

Posted Image

If you're keen on coming along, please post here with confirmation of your attendance so I can get an idea of numbers.

If you have any questions, you can email me at victor@victoryuen.co.nz or give me a call.

Cheers!

Victor

021 168 7661

www.victoryuen.co.nz

P.S. I'll be looking for a car as a model. Would anyone have an interesting car to shoot and wouldn't mind coming along for the workshop? I prefer a non-black car as black cars are much more difficult to shoot.

Edit: I'm going to be away from the 3rd till the 15th of January so I won't be replying to this thread during this time

Edited by Viktro

Interested in coming along depending on where it is in Auckland ! Would love to bring my E30 along too..

Could be interested if I have the day off, not sure yet though...

I've organised us a car to shoot - a 335i Touring.

I've updated the details of the location. I did some scouting last week while shooting a RS3 (what a seriously cool car!) and the spot next to the concrete silos will work well. In terms of a backdrop it's not stunningly perfect but it's got good space and the area has backup spots if there happens to be something else occupying the space at the time.

Things to bring:

Your camera (preferably a Digital SLR)

Tripod

If you don't have any equipment, you're still welcome to come along and learn. It's not going to be too formal so you can team up, look over people's shoulders or borrow my camera.

I'll come down and can bring some extra gear if you need.

what lighting do you guys have?

I've actually got no lighting gear and don't have any experience with artificial lighting. Everything I do has been with natural light. If you've got some gear you're welcome to bring it along and maybe you can add some insight into that side of things?

looking forward to this . i dont have a tripod though hopefully some sort of light around .

where is the actual location sorry?

I'm so keen! would love to learn a bit, I don't have a DSLR camera unfortunately - may be able to borrow the one from work. (I'm hoping to purchase one this year)

Could be keen, might be up from hams for work.

can you chuck a map up of the location bro?

Sweet, just saw this thread!

Highly recommend anyone interested to go along :)

I'm still keen if this is happening

Sorry guys I've been occupied and haven't had a chance to check the forum!

I've attached a picture of the location. It's right down the end of Jellicoe Street. See you all there at 6:30pm

post-3215-1327361431.jpg

Edited by Viktro

I've attached a picture of the location. It's right down the end of Jellicoe Street. See you all there at 6:30pm

Hi Viktro. Will there be enough parking space for those who will attend? Cheers.

Damn, just realised it's today. Can't make it, I'll be out of town for work untill friday night.

Thanks anyway!

I will be there - you can shoot my car if you wish :) she's sparkling clean - techno violet purple E36

Thanks Shorty and e34play, was great to meet you :). Small turnout but thoroughly enjoyable still.

For the people that weren't able to make it, I'm running another for Eurosport tomorrow at 630pm. Sorry for the haphazard communication from me. We spent a decent amount of time on the basics and I went through what I look for in my photos.