Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

E39 M5 (TM)

You would think showing the instrument cluster photo with overdue service showing wasn't the brightest thing to do. Especially with the comments he services BMW's

He doesn't want to sell it, sounds like a nob to me.

rare with a towbar!

'99 missing the facelift goodies but probably still a solid car.

Saw it at HD as well. There were more M5's in the carpark than inside the track.

You would think showing the instrument cluster photo with overdue service showing wasn't the brightest thing to do. Especially with the comments he services BMW's

The amount of photos I've seen of the cluster with the car running and an engine check light is ridiculous

He doesn't want to sell it, sounds like a nob to me.

Agreed ... tospot ... he didn't give an indication of what he wanted for it and then complained that he got to many people calling asking him what he would take. :wacko:

Agreed ... tospot ... he didn't give an indication of what he wanted for it and then complained that he got to many people calling asking him what he would take. :wacko:

And to stop asking as the reserve is more than 30K, why the hell have a starting bid so far from the reserve, beats me??? If you wanna sell your car list it at what you want for it.

At least he didn't do the 'list for $0' and asks for offers or 'deals'. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong cars, haha. ;)

I don't think it looks too bad. As long as he has receipts for all services, isn't it just a matter of getting the check light reset?

rare with a towbar!

'99 missing the facelift goodies but probably still a solid car.

Saw it at HD as well. There were more M5's in the carpark than inside the track.

Yip, on Saturday there was 3 Avus Blue E39 M5's in the one at HD, this one, my Brothers and a facelift one.

We did speak to the owner of the above car, it sounded like he needed the money and it wanted to replace it with a manual E34 540 or the like.

agreed 100 per cent,the interior doesnt look that well cared for either.

At least he didn't do the 'list for $0' and asks for offers or 'deals'. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong cars, haha. ;)

I don't think it looks too bad. As long as he has receipts for all services, isn't it just a matter of getting the check light reset?

exactly and he says he services BMWs....so he should know that that pic will look bad to a lot of people.The annual service light is also showing

I wonder if he'd trade a BMW 120d ?

Are you selling the wee car Kiwi?

do all the lights not come on in these cars when you turn the key to on but not start it?

They are in that picture, but they turn off after self test except engine, seatbelt etc etc.

Pre-facelift with 120km and possibly needs of a bit of work...... not worth $30k+ IMO.

No matter how well done it may be DIY servicing will always lower the value of a car like this if there is no evidence of service records. And from the looks of it his DIY servicing is only replacing the oil and filter. No way a M5 goes 5 years without more work than that.

I wonder if he'd trade a BMW 120d ?

Are you selling the wee car Kiwi?

always lookin mate....always

do all the lights not come on in these cars when you turn the key to on but not start it?

i think the service lights stay on once they are "overdue" and the annual service light(the wee clock) stays on all the time until reset