Sign in to follow this  
aespablo

Looking for this magwheel

post-16093-1328058811.jpg

Hi. I took the attached photo on an E46 last week and I am considering getting a set for my 2002 E46 318ci. Can anyone tell me where I can buy this type and what is the model number of this magwheel? My first option is a used one with minor or no curb marks but if none are available I will settle for a new one. I think BMW came out with an original that looks almost exactly like this but I don't even know where to start looking. Would appreciate some help for a newbie. Cheers.

Hi. I took the attached photo on an E46 last week and I am considering getting a set for my 2002 E46 318ci. Can anyone tell me where I can buy this type and what is the model number of this magwheel? My first option is a used one with minor or no curb marks but if none are available I will settle for a new one. I think BMW came out with an original that looks almost exactly like this but I don't even know where to start looking. Would appreciate some help for a newbie. Cheers.

you might find them here

Edited by kiwi535

Guest Simon*

These come up for sale on trademe all the time in E34/39 fitment. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Brent has some tucked away right now. Fitting them to an E46 is not unheard of.

:)

You could try a listing in Trade me Motor Parts Wanted BMW section

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-wanted/bmw

Thanks Glenn, I will look into that. Would you know where BBS wheels are made and do they have good quality magwheels? A BMW mechanic told me to use only original BMW magwheels because most available aftermarket ones are less in quality than the BMW ones. Something to do with balance, stability, and durability, I think.

Guest Simon*

^BBS is German and I'd say the majority of factory BNW wheels are made by BBS (even if not branded as such). As for actual fabrication there's Europe, Japan and undoubtedly China

Thanks Glenn, I will look into that. Would you know where BBS wheels are made and do they have good quality magwheels? A BMW mechanic told me to use only original BMW magwheels because most available aftermarket ones are less in quality than the BMW ones. Something to do with balance, stability, and durability, I think.

I'd say most people would agree that BBS make some of the best quality wheels available.

post-16093-1328058811.jpg

I have a full set of Genuine BBS RGs for the 3 series 8J ET 38 fronts and 9J ET 41 rears. They have some curbing though, so I am not sure if you would be interested or not, but PM if you are. :)

I have a full set of Genuine BBS RGs for the 3 series 8J ET 38 fronts and 9J ET 41 rears. They have some curbing though, so I am not sure if you would be interested or not, but PM if you are. :)

Hi swordfish. Did you get my PM? I made one but am not sure if I was able to press the send button. Cheers.

Hi swordfish. Did you get my PM? I made one but am not sure if I was able to press the send button. Cheers.

Hey got your PM will try to make so photos on the weekend...

WHEEL OFFSET QUESTION:

Which wheel offset will move the tire outwards towards the guard: A lower offset such as ET10 or a higher such as ET38. Cheers.

Ah yes, that is a BBS RX. Had them on my old E30 M3. They look good and often are seen on E34 5 series.

Mine were ET10

post-16093-1328579612.jpg

I walked into a magwheel shop last Saturday and saw something similar to the BBS mags that I like. Above is the catalog photo. The brand is called PETROL. The sales person was not sure where it is made(I think they should know). Does anyone know if this is a reliable brand? It is quite pricey at $1420 per set of 4. Cheers.

Edited by aespablo

They look to me like Beyern wheels not petrol. Fairly premium German brand also

I had a set on an E34 a while back. More info here http://beyernwheels.com/

Yes you are correct Simon, they are the Beyern brand. I looked at their website in detail but they did not mention where the wheels are made. Strange.

Edited by aespablo

Thanks Simon. The Trademe advert says ET38, I am concerned it may not be enough to move the tires towards the guard. I think I may need a lower ET. Any thoughts on this?

Does anyone know if this will fit into my E46? It is from a 750iL. The stud pattern is 5x120 so I know it is the same but I don't know if the center bore hole is the same. The offset is 20mm so I hope this will push the tires towards the guard. Help please, the auction ends on Tuesday. Cheers.post-16093-1328949945.jpg

Does anyone know if this will fit into my E46? It is from a 750iL. The stud pattern is 5x120 so I know it is the same but I don't know if the center bore hole is the same. The offset is 20mm so I hope this will push the tires towards the guard. Help please, the auction ends on Tuesday. Cheers.post-16093-1328949945.jpg

they will but the tyres will be way too big

Hey, thanks Etrty-Andy for the fast reply. That's good news. Can you advise what best tire size for me to use?

Would you know if these rims will move the tires closer to the guards than my original mags?

Edited by aespablo