Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

1M Uk Import

So 40K NZ, plus 7K to get it here and on the road = 47K for a CSL done around 170,000kms. How many people do you think will put there hands up for that?

A family member was offered a NZ new high km E60 M5 for less than 30K . . .

So now we are comparing CSLs with E60 M5s? Hardly like for like is it, how many of those m5s were built compared to the CSLS?

You'd easily get more money for a CSL by selling it in pieces ... to Americans.

If I ever sell mine it'll be in pieces rather than as a whole :P:lol:

But would you ever want to brake your pride and joy into pieces to sell? I wouldn't...

But would you ever want to brake your pride and joy into pieces to sell? I wouldn't...

Wouldn't hesitate to be honest.

Probably if it was a race car before... But if it is stock standard in perfect condition no one would want to brake it into parts, but I guess you would be able to sell it faster as well as there are way more collectors than people who want to race them...

I would think the CSL will drop way down in value and then creep up like the good E30 M3's have, the CSL is a greatest M car of the last decade and looking at where BMW are going with cars I think probably be the last hard core M car as we know it.

I predict In a decade a nice CSL will still be selling for over 60k.

My thoughts anyway.

For how many 1M's there are in NZ I see a sh*t load of them around Auckland, spotted two just yesterday. Can confirm they look good in Black too.

14 so far, probably 13 in Auckland.

Guest Ari Gold

If you want a CSL with lower mileage there are plenty about in the UK, this example was GBP20k, less than NZ$40k which was the point being made here about prices of CSLs.

I knew a Pom would get my point.

104,000 Miles, its never going to be a collectors car.

No one said it was.

Couldnt agree more.

Wait, what? First you're saying a 170km CSL has too many miles, now you're agreeing with us?

So 40K NZ, plus 7K to get it here and on the road = 47K for a CSL done around 170,000kms. How many people do you think will put there hands up for that?

A family member was offered a NZ new high km E60 M5 for less than 30K . . .

There are more E60 M5's in NZ than a bull can sh*t. Your example is hardly surprising. I would put the figure conservatively at around 100. More are coming into the country every day as well.

I see Jerry Clayton are having a big demonstrator sale offsite in the city this weekend

Call it a fire sale.

Always the pragmatist Tom :lol: but I totally agree. They're practically paying money for VIN's over there so they can buy the nice carbon interior. a CSL in bit in the states would fetch more than it's worth whole here.

14 so far, probably 13 in Auckland.

:lol: I must acquiesce to you Greg, when you said that we definitely had more than the original 14 coming, we've just got another 5 on order and bought our last one off another dealer to sate demand (along with the demo that we bought off BMWNZ). I'd say Auckland will end up with close to 20 1M's, I know I've seen at least 6.

Ha it was inevitable.

LOL Sam. The 1M is my dream car at the minute. You only have to drive it. Who cares how many there are. It will be the collectors car, Like the Z3/Z4 M Coupes.

Believe it or not I've seen two in Dunedin, white one at the dealership and another orange one. Go Dunners!

Its a Drivers Car. If you want collect something buy some baseball cards.

As a 1M owner with 10,000 kms on the clock, I wholeheartedly agree with your philosophy!