Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

What am I missing here...

Ahhh, not quite.

+ 3 - some people are born with a silver piece of cutlery protruding from their mud making facility.

Ahhh, not quite.

Maybe if it were a 3d monopoly board, and you were only viewing it in plan.

Infinite 'levels' of the 'same' start place would be come aparent when you find the orbit tool.

I was thinking more along the lines of the poor cretins in the unfortunate position of being born to worthless dropkicks for parents.

But whatever tickle your fancies.

I think of it in these terms:

For someone with $1 billion, a $40k bar tab is the equivalent to a $40 bar tab to a person with $1 million (relative to their net worth). I'm certainly not worth anything like $1 million by any measure (maybe in Vietnamese Dong or rupees), but I wouldn't hesitate over a $40 bar tab. Put that in perspective when talking about a $100k car and the people that might be the target audience. Or maybe it says more about how immense $1 billion really is. sh*t that's heavy. Fukit, I'm going back to my rum now....

yeah, I was trying to say that more metaphorically, possibly a bit more PC?

But you got the drift, and I'm not to sensitive about it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the poor cretins in the unfortunate position of being born to worthless dropkicks for parents.

But whatever tickle your fancies.

yeah, I was trying to say that more metaphorically, possibly a bit more PC?

But you got the drift, and I'm not to sensitive about it.

It was weird. I liked it.

ps, I wasn't referring to any specific post.

+1

Sadly far from true <_<

I will put it another way ... anyone can become rich but few do. The only thing stopping you is yourself. You alone stop yourself from doing things, no-one else. We Kiwis are one of the worst in the world at criticizing those who do well. We don't champion our successful people, instead we pull them down because we are jealous but don't want to admit it. However if they are successful on the sporting scene, they are treated as Gods but why don't we treat people like Graham Hart like Gods ... they provide work and prosperity for a lot of Kiwis but hey, but that is 'uncool' and we don't want to stand out from our peers. How many Kiwis champion their bosses or the business owners ... it is easier to flame them down but again that is the Kiwi way. Probably explains why we are loosing so many Kiwis to Oz at the moment.

We have probably the best Prime Minister that NZ has ever had but we don't champion him. Regardless of which party he represents, he is an example of the fact that you can come from a poor background and become rich and instead of becoming richer again, he elected to lead NZ in an under paid job so he is a champion in NZ but again, we would rather champion sporting people because they do what for NZ .... didley swat but hey, that's what we Kiwis do ...

Don't read into this too much as it is just one person's view on life but remember one thing from tonight's sermon :) , you alone are stopping yourself from bettering yourself whether it is in wealth or mind or body. If you say that is wrong because of where you are in life, sell up, move to another town and start again where no-one knows your past or baggage you take with you in life. Leave the baggage at the door and instead of focusing on why you can't do xy&z, just do it !!! :)

its much more simple than that.....once you get to a certain level of income,then every dollar over that ammount is spending money...,and for a couple say who both are near or over 100 k a year they have serious spending power.....assuming that they are mortgage free etc.. actually not even mortgage free....

Edited by kiwi535

Guest Ari Gold

Just an FYI, John Key had an E30 at 22 in 86, and came from a house of abject poverty - do the math.

for a couple say who both are near or over 100 k a year they have serious spending power.....assuming that they are mortgage free etc.. actually not even mortgage free....

Pfffft! My $800 a fornight mortgage eats up a LOT of income!

People who earn more tend to spend more, have bigger houses etc. If I earnt 25% less, I'd probably "own" a house worth 50% of what I have currently.

(Actually... Mrs is preggers, so our income WILL halve in about 5 months <_< )

If we earnt another $50K a year, I'd have about $30K MORE crap from trademe and eBay! :lol: She'd have $20K of holidays!

I do sometimes think about selling up, buying a normal suburban house in an average area and spend that $800 a fortnight on sh*t I don't need B)

Just an FYI, John Key had an E30 at 22 in 86, and came from a house of abject poverty - do the math.

Similar start here , but didn't understand what generating passive income was until about 7 years ago. Instead chose to work for an employer rather than the risk and reward of running own business. He's worked smart in terms of making money , I haven't but aren't complaining.

Back on topic

On NZ's favour we have cheap car insurance and lower servicing costs than the UK. A London based M5 / M3 / 911 can easily cost 2500 - 5000 pounds a year for insurance. The local BMW dealer will also charge upwards of 95 pounds an hour for servicing. Petrol is more as well.

Edited by Neal

I will put it another way ... anyone can become rich but few do.

Not quite you cant be all winners,simply there has to be a certain number of poor to offset anyone who has made it just law of nature

Even if everyone earnt triple do you call everyone rich,no because someone always has more than the other

We have probably the best Prime Minister that NZ has ever had but we don't champion him.

Gee thats a big call,he may be the most groomed and qualified and educated which is a good thing,better than having a surveyor as finance minister or high school educated farmer as top dog but do you judge him on his personal wealth and sucess or his compassion for the people,

Regardless of which party he represents, he is an example of the fact that you can come from a poor background and become rich and instead of becoming richer again, he elected to lead NZ in an under paid job so he is a champion in NZ

Or he is one of the chosen jew groomed obama puppets installed and controlled by others and is gaining in status and wealth with even greater job prospects to come so not so galant in taking the job

How many pms get invited to bilderberg meetings

but again, we would rather champion sporting people because they do what for NZ .... didley swat but hey, that's what we Kiwis do ...

Have to agree with you there but they do make you feel good at the olympics aye and most are an example to look up to,you dont become an olymian without a lot of sacrifice and determination

Don't read into this too much as it is just one person's view on life but remember one thing from tonight's sermon :) , you alone are stopping yourself from bettering yourself whether it is in wealth or mind or body. If you say that is wrong because of where you are in life, sell up, move to another town and start again where no-one knows your past or baggage you take with you in life. Leave the baggage at the door and instead of focusing on why you can't do xy&z, just do it !!! :)

+1

Money makes money ,,once you have reached a certain level oportunities do open up and things snowball

cheap for one person, may not be cheap for another. theory of relativity :)

but it is true that once you have a certail level of money on your hand, opportunities do open up, be it a successful one or not depends on how you handle that opportunity. its best to take advantage of those opportunities as young as possible.

as said above re mortgage and family. once that happens it will be much harder to get a kick start without much of a cashflow. mortgage is a bitch!! hehehe oh btw its a good time to refinance those home loans:)