Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

RC Plane's

Hey guys,

Any of you into RC flying?

My dad has always tried to get me into it but it wasn't really my thing. Taking his new one out for a fly this weekend. Some of you may enjoy the pictures.

The Extra300 has a petrol 50cc engine with a 23" prop. A tad over powered

The Extra300 LP Redbull has a 80cc engine with a 27" prop. Soon to be a 120cc twin with a 29" prop

They are used for 3D and Imac

post-538-1331781799.jpg

post-538-1331781792.jpg

post-538-1331781803.jpg

post-538-1331781808.jpg

post-538-1331781813.jpg

post-538-1331781818.jpg

post-538-1331781824.jpg

post-538-1331781830.jpg

Yep, I was into them for a little while, only just the foam planes though, wood was too expensive to learn on and crash. Great fun flying RC, you do so much with an RC that you can't do in real flying haha.

I found it quite difficult flying RC compared to real flying due to the perspective factor haha and using a remote instead of a control column.

I just have a little foam electric cessna 182.. but those extras must be amazing!

I'm into well and good :rolleyes:

Worked at a hobby shop in Auckland and now working at one in Palmy.

Good fun, I am more into the Helicopters but something to play around with nonetheless.

I think they are very neat, but unfortunately a big waste of money in the likely event of a crash...

Actually wait, Can they be insured in a crash??

I sometimes ride down to the model airport at Highbrook for a nosey. Never had the urge to try it myself.

Was thinking of getting into it but whilst searching trademe I found the excitment of nitro cars, soooo much fun had my one for a year or so, had it up to around 80kph which is just epic!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is just one of many pull aparts due to crashing, expensive to keep going but huge amount of fun!

Yea they are pretty fun!. We have a monster crusher with a 3 speed box. can do 120km/ph. Quite scary in a park seeing as it weighs 7kgs!

They can be insured in a crash through a normal insurance company.

The thing is, premiums are huge, especially if you have a $500 model and plow it often when you are learning (which is guaranteed). It makes more sense if you have a very expensive model that you don't intend on crashing, but who does it intentionally ;)

Yea they are pretty fun!. We have a monster crusher with a 3 speed box. can do 120km/ph. Quite scary in a park seeing as it weighs 7kgs!

Mines two speed which until last week didn't realise the second gear selector was jammed closed so released it and now as soon as it hits second it's just brutel, it's got plenty more speed in it after 80kph but haven't been keen on going anymore...

I am in to boats, built this one myself out of fibreglass and its got a 52cc engine,

1.2 long .5 wide, still needs to be painted though.

post-3075-1331887484.jpg

post-3075-1331887506.jpg

post-3075-1331887528.jpg

post-3075-1331887552.jpg

My Rc Stockcar

2M long running a 49CC Watercooled.

Weight = 40kgs and still in bits =D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wish i finished this ='[