e60 530 d

And local Paul.

I smell a test drive coming on ;)

Would really need to be a touring though :(

And local Paul.

I smell a test drive coming on ;)

Would really need to be a touring though :(

true,tis worth a drive though...i would say a chip would be interesting

awesome car and a chip would make a HUGE difference. A mate of mine has a chipped 525d touring and it goes bl*&dy well!

mmmm looks nice but out of my price range. How much extra does the chipping gain and a what cost not only for the chip but extra fuel used in gaining the extra HP. On another note have asked for some interior shots and with it being a UK import what is the distance recorded in miles or k's.

mmmm looks nice but out of my price range. How much extra does the chipping gain and a what cost not only for the chip but extra fuel used in gaining the extra HP.

Funnily enough the fuel usage generally becomes better. Talk to Hans about it. I had a chat to the guy who does superchips and his TD Peugeot is averaging less than the factory states after being chipped.

Funnily enough the fuel usage generally becomes better. Talk to Hans about it. I had a chat to the guy who does superchips and his TD Peugeot is averaging less than the factory states after being chipped.

The fuel savings we have seen on the TDI pugs are crazy, one guy even turned up with a full log book with fuel usage. He is now down to 3.8L per 100 down from 4.3L per 100.

We had a 3.0 TDI audi company car for a while pushing 600nm and almost 300bhp pulling 5.5 on the open road!

I used these guys because you can do it yourself. There are NZ agents.

BlueFin

My X5 went the same engine as 530d and mine went from 500nm to 597nm and 160kw to 193kw but also makes the power more available faster and more accessible. All do you do is get the computer, plug it in to car, uploads data to computer then you send the file to the U.K who then modifies it, they send it back to you, re-upload to the car and boom. Took only 20 or so minutes.

I can't say I'm a fan of manual diesels, especially 6 speed with closer ratios, reason being they have so much torque you're changing gears constantly as you only have a limited rev range compared to a petrol. I'd never bother with a manual X5 especially, they auto boxes are so smooth now IMO a manual one would ruin the car.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Allan the 120 uses less fuel i reckon and is nicer t o drive at all revs.It revs higher and faster but is also nicer right off idle and at those trickiling revs.

I love the manual to me a mauual ADDS to the drive not takes away from it.The 120 is high geared i dont ussually change into 6th until 110 km hr and thats about 1700 rpm,

The torque is brilliant between 2000 rpm and 4500 its massive more than the 535,but you dont have the top end hit.

I am goonna go look at that 530d edit its a 525 d....

Edited by kiwi535

Have viewed the photo' s of the interior sorry not impressed the wood grain used makes it look crap pie imo the style of the dash and centre console does nothing for me either. How many options does one need and then to use them all the time if at all. The speedo also I feel one would need to be careful as the outer circle of numbers is in miles per hour and the smaller inner one is K's easy to get them confused, all those buttoms to play with what a candy store haha. On the plus side it is a diesel and manual if that floats your boat but sorry for the money they want I feel their are better buys available.

Have viewed the photo' s of the interior sorry not impressed the wood grain used makes it look crap pie imo the style of the dash and centre console does nothing for me either. How many options does one need and then to use them all the time if at all. The speedo also I feel one would need to be careful as the outer circle of numbers is in miles per hour and the smaller inner one is K's easy to get them confused, all those buttoms to play with what a candy store haha. On the plus side it is a diesel and manual if that floats your boat but sorry for the money they want I feel their are better buys available.

agreed that wood grain trim is AWFUL.Just interesting to see a manual that all

Just something else to throw in there, this a 525d - 144kw and 400nm

Edited by The Diesel Guy