Sign in to follow this  
C-130 Hercules

What if...

well...he would be entitled to the money.

The crown has seized what they are calling "proceeds of a crime". Lotto winning would be clearly not fall into that category.

I would have thought he would have proven enough he's not a flight risk. Why run from millions more & your hot wife & kids.

Can't wait to see him tear their case apart in court.

Can't wait to see him tear their case apart in court.

Word.

I'm not aquainted with the full 100% of the facts but after that interview with Campbell Live and a bit of digging here and there IMO he's got nothing to worry about. I was also under the impression "innocent until proven guilty" yet they have seized everything prior to trial even?

X2. Would not be happy if my place was raided, my assets frozen and my business closed down before I had my say and chance to defend myself in a court of law, seems innocent util proven guilty did not apply here, even when he does get off free they have destroyed his lively-hood.

x3 My little light bulb flicked on when he explained that all the legal content owners had Delete Control Access to all his servers and were given free reign to delete anything they thought was infringing on their copy rights....access that they have had for a long time...

yup.

and to be honest. He sounds like a hellova fun dude. I bet parties @ his pad are epic.

x3 My little light bulb flicked on when he explained that all the legal content owners had Delete Control Access to all his servers and were given free reign to delete anything they thought was infringing on their copy rights....access that they have had for a long time...

and... that they regularly used it too.

plus they also never sent him anything to request him to stop doing anything.

I think it's a setup. He has a new system in development where artists can upload songs and get paid directly for the legal downloads (minus a cut for megaupload). this would effectively cut out record labels.

they need to kill or delay the launch of this. This is how they did it.

big business america terrorizing to get their way.

Edited by M5V8

when he wins this he should throw a massive party at his place :) i'd be so keen !!

From what i understand they (copyright holders) were given access to delete LINKS and not the files themselves, and a limit to 20 or so a day.

And with the links, there could be 2000 pointing to the same file, so while he may be doing more than he should he is really (megaupload and associated companies) not doing a whole lot to stop what was going on.

That being said he thought he wouldve been protected via that piece of law, cant remember the name right now.

If dot.com wins, can he claim compensation? Like, wrongful arrest or some other things along the line...

Something that will get you worked up. Google how George bush canned the hand over of the head internet dns servers to the public realm. The us controls the internet. This is how they closed him down.

No need to worry, I have the winning ticket.

Something that will get you worked up. Google how George bush canned the hand over of the head internet dns servers to the public realm. The us controls the internet. This is how they closed him down.

Yes, wouldn't expect anything else. WWW was developed by the US military after all, no?

and... that they regularly used it too.

plus they also never sent him anything to request him to stop doing anything.

I think it's a setup. He has a new system in development where artists can upload songs and get paid directly for the legal downloads (minus a cut for megaupload). this would effectively cut out ITUNES.

they need to kill or delay the launch of this. This is how they did it.

big business america terrorizing to get their way.

Apple woudnt take nicely to this... and it wouldnt be the tenth time they have made someone go away..

Edited by -Oli-