Sign in to follow this  
SRacin

540iS 6 Speed E34

A quick car wash yesterday turned into a marathon may as well do this little bit with the clay bar to a full clay bar, clean, glaze, wax etc. All and all it came up pretty well for an old car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SRacin

Yeah did the clay bar thing on the Falcon and what a difference :)

I wanted one of those ^^^^^ but couldn't find a good one

Edited by sp8s

bet it looks 10x better irl

Saw you over the weekend stopped at the lights on Curletts Road, car looked mint. Was gonna wave but then realised I was in my work car and not the E34 haha.

Very nice

Good wheel choice too Logan. Reminds me of something ;)

Posted Image

What can I say about the wheels? They just look "right", and yes I did see them on your car and think, "that'll do", plus I like the fact they they are a factory wheel from the right era.

Great photo of yours! Its dam low! Don't think I will lower mine further, but probably fit some bilstiens in the not to distance future. Next bit of maintenance is to fit the 3.15LSD on its way this week.

I understand your old car made it down to chch, but I haven't seen it around?

Guest Simon*

LSD makes it a whole new car, you won't regret it.

Justin (new owner) signed up to the forum recently and tells me she's still going strong - I'm sure she'll turn up somewhere

Love these purple E34's

Seen your old one around chch and in the carpark at ruapuna a couple times Simon..still wearing it's purple well!

Love these purple E34's

Seen your old one around chch and in the carpark at ruapuna a couple times Simon..still wearing it's purple well!

Very strong likely hood thats my one since I do a lot of racing out there and helping out, actually put it the drags at the last speed event, but was a dissapointing result due to no traction, or total bog due to trc.

I usually thrash a certain yellow DX around ruapuna, street sprints and hillclimbs etc

post-6315-0-17390600-1392705950.jpg

All this talk of E34 540IS's reminded me that I had one, so rolled it out of the shed for a wash and fitment of some genuine clear corner lenses I found. Looks rather blue in the low light. I should really drive it more often.

• Like 1

If you need someone to drive it on a more regular basis then I am willing to offer my services for a discounted rate ;) Car looks mint still, wondered if this car was still around.