Sign in to follow this  
nznew

Thinking about selling 325i

The car is NZNew :) built 1988 done 188,000 full BMW service history spent $$$ to keep it meticulious had it for 4years looking to upgrade.vwhat can i get for it?

Anything between about $1 to $6000... you need more details before we can make any estimate whatsoever.

Usually the standard info goes

Model, Make, Year, Manual / Automatic Transmission, Color, Km's, Service history, number of owners etc etc.

One of hte main things that would help determine the value is photos :) so post away if you want.

Edited by E30stz

Its an automatic, 3 owners before me, Guido at BM workshop looked after it pretty much since i had it full service history, spent a fair bit on maintanance and making sure all the body work is like new, the original sunroof had a bit of rust so replaced with new, bumpers are pretty new old ones faded, new decals for bonnet boot and wheels etc.

post-11-1120185679.jpg

Worth in the facinity of $3500. If it is an exceptional standard by my judgement that it could go further.

Trademe users usually take actually value - add chrome mags and tints and advertise for $6000 - 8000, not that many sell at that price.

thanks for the response. not worth selling if thats all i get, still a great drive so will hang on to it. Thanks again

Be it as it may a good 325i with a tad lower than 150 km's can usually fetch around $4000 maybe even $4500 if its a superb example (sorry I didnt take into consideration the engine in last post). Looks pretty good, but nothing can be certain without a check and test drive.

You maybe get around $4300 mark if you were persistant with advertising it for the next few months. But considering hte highish km's then it would need to be a fine example in prestine condition.

6 months ago, I went car hunting and looked at around 10 - 15 different E30's to get an idea of what was good and what was bad before I purchased. 2 of which were 325's ... granted I dont know how good yours is, one with 115,000 km's sold for $4250 which the car was a motorsport replica and had engine damage but was sold to some unsuspecting trademe person.

2nd was on 160kms but was one of the best examples I've seen, which sold for $4400.

If the car is in mint as condition, you should be able to fetch $4000. Or find a trademe go-er willing to go the extra mile to get what they want.

There are few 325's around these days, so demand could be quite good.

Edited by E30stz

if it helps, i sold a 2 owner ( i was the second) 1989 FSH manual 316i 2 door with NO OPTIONS and 190km for $4500 a few weeks ago. It was not in perfect nick when i sold it, and it had a dent in the passenger door. The sale was to a BMW NZ manager.

So i expect you will be able to get a lot more for yours!

~nath~

These guys are just stingee with there doe, you'd sell that for $5000 easy! Aslong as you have current reg and wof.

my 1/2 decent 1986 318 auto sold for $5000 on trade me. thats with no service history and the speedo didnt work with few engine probs (kept over heating).

There are dumb ppl out there with money to throw away, so if your car has service history you will sell it very easily for a resonable price. :bounce:

Guest Andrew

These guys are just stingee with there doe, you'd sell that for $5000 easy! Aslong as you have current reg and wof.

Yeah - i'm sure all of the E30 owners in the top income bracket in this site can't afford a 5 grand e30.

Its just not worth 5 grand and you'd be stupid to pay it.

Here is what the MARKET says its worth:

1988 BMW 325i

Red Book Code:  BMW 88AQ

E30 COUPE 2dr Auto 4sp 2.5i

Market Price: $4,800 (Based on Good W/Sale price) - This is NOT adjusted for mileage.

Adjust by -39.6% for vehicle in Good Condition, with 190,000km

Vehicle Price: $2,900

Spent way too much money on the car to sell it for $3,000, will keep it for another couple of years and than upgrade not sure to what but want something made after 1996 maybe a 323 or a nice 318is. prices should be reasonable by next winter, dropped a lot in the last year when i started looking at upgrading.

So what would this one be worth then roughly?

E30 Mtech 2.8

I have seen the car and it is in average cond.

10k is cheap for that car....as long as it has an LSD....no idea why it hasnt sold yet...i know quite a few people looking for motorsports want them completely genuine and in immaculate masty condition

In reference to the M tech 325i, it doesn't have an LSD (according to previous owner), and I can't find any real justification for the claim that it is "the world's only four door sport".

Emailed BMW GB about it, and the spec sheet indicates nothing more than a specced up 325i (and the kit may well have been added after sale also).

Still looks a cool car, and I am pretty tempted by the upgrade.

Probably doesn't help that the car is in Dunners - you'd need to be pretty keen on it to go and check it out from Auckland (or the entire Nth Island).

Yeah it was sold new as a SE auto with the only added options being rear centre armrest and OBC. (According to UK records). No LSD either.

I drove the car last weekend and it didn't go too bad but didn't feel alot quicker than the 325i. (220bhp?) It has gazillions of stone chips and the bonnet paint is all crazed. The rest of the car has a few scrapes and dings. The carpet and front seat have tears in it and it has a rough stereo install with sub cables running to the boot along the transmission tunnel on the outside of the carpet and across the back seat. The rear speakers are "sitting" in the original speaker holes.

Brake discs feel warped and are very noisy.

It feels well used but I guess it's an old car.

Couldn't see any rust but who knows what is hiding under that body kit.

I think his bottom dollar is $12k.

So too expensive for me at that price in that cond.