Sign in to follow this  
hot 520i

rb25det

rb25det

baaa, nissan junk.

Why not a 2JZ??

There is one on trade-me at the moment!!

A 2JZ would be better suited to the E34 lard-ass.

how hard is fitting a 13b (personal query) non turbo??

anyone here done it?

how hard was it? who did the work? how much fun is it?

Well i'v got 12a in my E30, a 13b is 10mm longer. It fits in there pret easy, mouting its not a problem, you have problem when you come to exhaust getting around the steering arm. Also you have to run non powersteer rack unless you want to run a mazda powersteer pump. Yes it is lots of fun, but in all onesty rotarys arnt so much fun. They involve alot of care, and are very tempremental. But aslong as you get a proper motor built out of brand new parts you should be right. I think you should go for a rb30 or something along the 2.5 or 3 litre lines as they are relyable and can can produce good power, also there alot of go fast bits that is a matter of jst bolting them on to make more horsepower.

cheers Matt

you are so wise matt

you must be getting older.

to make things easier go for the m30b35 engine!

mounts are all there, go nuts with a turbo or SC unit

m30b35 with m30b34 low comp pistons, less than 8:1 compression, apparently 12psi on stock internals no probs

im going to put a rb25det or 1jzgte in to my 520i. i would like to know witch one to go for

sell the 520i and buy a 535i , they are cheap now , cheaper than doing a proper conversion . $4-5k then fit a turbo if its powerful enough . or do some head work , chip , cam , extractors etc .

theres a 5spd one on trade me for $8800.

i will have one for sale soon .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=30709855http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=30709855

cheers for the info Matt. umm my cars pretty basic, no power steer or windows etc so that shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking of using a rotary because of the weight, i love how my car handles, and the fact that if I put a bigger engine in it would disrupt this. My brothers laufero has a rb30 in it, they're good engines but for some reason im stuck on this idea of keeping the car light.

did you put the engine in yourself? and/or do you know any workshops who have done the conversion?

M30/M60... -_-

Are non BMW engines better than BMW engines or something?

Theres always 13B rotarys or RB25DET people doing sh*t to there BMW.

some are, its not like every BMW engine ever made rocks everything else, what a crock of sh*t, a decent engine conversion is sweet as. as long as its done properly etc. a 1UZ e34 wud rule. So why is an RB25det conversion a sh*t one again emma?

cheers for the info Matt. umm my cars pretty basic, no power steer or windows etc so that shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking of using a rotary because of the weight, i love how my car handles, and the fact that if I put a bigger engine in it would disrupt this. My brothers laufero has a rb30 in it, they're good engines but for some reason im stuck on this idea of keeping the car light.

did you put the engine in yourself? and/or do you know any workshops who have done the conversion?

The reason why your brothers RB30 is so good is cos those nissans everything is so balenced well, non the less a m20 would weigh much the same i think.

The rotary conversion is not hard to do, like if you had all the parts you needed as in radiator, oilcooler and little things like that aswell as a motor g.box, and a mazda driveshaft, I could do the conversion in a week. Thats with my mate mounting the motor and g.box and the driveshaft modifacation. Only thing is exhaust which is no biggy just go to the muffler shop and geta whole new system.

But non the less you don't want to be doing a rotary conversion unless you have sources to get the parts needed, and a lot of money. But you pay for what you get.

Just remember you need a very deep wallet, as i have found out.

hope that helps

Cheers matt

M30/M60...  -_-

When you've done a RB30DET conversion into a BMW or a 13b rotary conversion then maybe you can call them sh*t. But for now i think you should keep your offending comments to yourself. How can you even coment on someone elses conversion in a BMW when your don't even own one?

Just remember BMWs are sometimes not the best motors and some of them are slow and slugish so why not put a japanise motor in there when its cheap and reliable. Not everyone can afford to go out and bye a M3 motor for their E30, some take the easyer option.

Cheers Matt

Edited by downlow

Well said matt ..

What IS wrong with an RB25det engine emma ?? They are actually very reliably and easily tunable engine along side the RB20DET ... or even the RB26DETT, but thats a 4wd engine ...

Cheers Matt

I'll keep that in mind. Im looking to do it once and do it right so my budgets going to be around 10K to have it in, running reasonably reliably and certed.That sound achieveable?

emma, Bmw make good cars, but so do toyota, honda, mazda etc. Dont bagg them untill youve driven them. :jap:

Jeez.. keep ur boxers on people did i actually say that those engines were sh*t? And no i'm not bagging any engine.

No, i said Why are people doing sh*t (as in i mean stuff) to there BMW's?

Do what ever you want to your "BMWs" guys, all i said/asked really is, why? Like why do they do it..

I've gotten the answer, if you could call it an answer, that it works well.

Edited by BMW POWER

I've gotten the answer, if you could call it an answer

i thought it was a f**ken intellegent reply by people that actually know what they are talking about

Edited by bmwsparkle

i thought it was a f**ken intellegent reply by people that actually know what they are talking about

Ah don't worry. Its not worth an arguement. Edited by BMW POWER

Ah don't worry. Its not worth an arguement.
Don't worry Emma, I knew what you were saying, the internet doesn't convey the tone of what you were trying to say very well.

and geez, did everyone else get out the wrong side of the bed today or what!?!?!

The reason I went for a Toyota engine was performance/$ and the ease of more power.

I got 2 engines, 5spd box, loom & ECU for under $2500, you couldn't find a BMW engine (excl. a M60/62/70) for under $10k that would come close to 218rwkw, let alone a 5spd gearbox with it.

You'd be V.lucky to fine a M50B25 with a 5spd for $2500.

And for someone with the skill/know-how a engine conversion isn't a daunting thing at all.

DUDE! you're going to put a japa engine in a BMW??

why not go with a 4.0 V8 from a 540/740?

because he may have a limited budget, not everyone can afford to put an M60 in there, even if they want to, I'd go as far as saying you would be better to transplant a lexus V8 vs a M60 V8 for bang for your buck, $1500 vs $5-7000

and once again, whats wrong with japanese engines? read glenns post above...

Edited by bmwsparkle

Guest Andrew

DUDE! you're going to put a japa engine in a BMW??

why not go with a 4.0 V8 from a 540/740?

because it would be slower.