Sign in to follow this  
drewbags

Any info on this E30?

Hey Guys,

Have recently decided to come back to the BMW scene after a couple years amongst the little honda kids,

have since realised i was never realy achieving what i really wanted with those cars.

So here i am! Back into the real world!

Am going to look at this e30 this afternoon - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=423455314

if anyone knows who owns it or even if it's a members or just has any information on it, it would be great!

n.b: yes i know its a 320 auto but its merely the beginning of a project, just looking for a good street legal tidy shell at this stage

Cheers guys,

Drew

so glad to be back!

Welcome Drew

An alpine white 2-door is a great shell to start with, imagine the 2 litre 6 and the auto will get boring pretty quick though. From the tm photos the car looks nice and straight (ignoring the wheels and steering wheel). Any more details on what you have planned for it?

Edited by maxmax

yeah i knew that would be the case, i have owned a 2litre 6 before, but the whole goal with this one is to just use it as a daily driver, so i guess just some nice feet on her, lower it a touch, fog light install etc etc, and after about 6/8 months i am aiming to purchase a tidy-ish, motorless e30 facelift coupe, and set to work creating my ultimate track hack (and no not drifting haha) just something i can pour endless time and a fair bit of money into over say a 3 year period, i need a hobby!

Hmm... If I were you and looking for an E30 now. Never quite got around to doing a manual conversion..

I'd flag getting a 320i Auto, at least get a manual one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-456813692.htm

Guy reckons he's done heaps of work, and comes with spares.. maybe worth a look?

I guess living up north with all the good wreckers helps.

Hmm... If I were you and looking for an E30 now. Never quite got around to doing a manual conversion..

I'd flag getting a 320i Auto, at least get a manual one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-456813692.htm

Guy reckons he's done heaps of work, and comes with spares.. maybe worth a look?

I guess living up north with all the good wreckers helps.

i was purely looking at a 320i auto so it can be my daily, just jump in and go, i do spend alot of time in traffic stopping and starting, and purely the fact that, that white coupe is cheap and clean for the price, can pick it up for $2500 on factory steelies

Hmm. I see.

I found my car with 2L Auto used as much fuel as my 2.5L Auto.

But if you aren't planing on modifying I've found the auto to be pretty good.. compared to other 20 year old autos.

Hmm. I see.

But if you aren't planing on modifying I've found the auto to be pretty good.. compared to other 20 year old autos.

it will literally just be a daily driver, something clean and easy, also wanting to keep costs down with it :) cheers for the advice!

Hmm. I see.

Yup... even the factory consumption figures in the handbook show the 320i auto is the hungriest around town, actually MORE than the 325i! The 2.0 is a bit gutless and works harder = less efficient. May as well get a 325i or a 318i - the 318i is even cheaper to buy often too! Plus the 318i is probably as fast as a 320i around town, just less torquey for open road cruising.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=466880069

the guy wants 1.7k for it, replace gearbox yourself if you can? imo, its fairly priced for a mint 318i, especially in that colour.

yeah dont have the time or money in the respect to do the gearbox at this stage, so went ahead with the white 320i coupe purely because i am now the 2nd owner in NZ guy before me owned it for 15 years and its super tidy :) thanks for the help guys!

yeah dont have the time or money in the respect to do the gearbox at this stage, so went ahead with the white 320i coupe purely because i am now the 2nd owner in NZ guy before me owned it for 15 years and its super tidy :) thanks for the help guys!

Welcome back.

I'm the same, got rid of my Honda Collection and gone back to BMW's, I had a Turbo EF7 CRX, Si Vtec Prelude and an SIR Accord.

Now I have a humble E30 325i SA import automatic and couldn't be happier, well I could, but I can't convert it to manual as the missus won't drive a manual car, sometimes its handy having a sober driver after a night out.

Welcome back.

I'm the same, got rid of my Honda Collection and gone back to BMW's, I had a Turbo EF7 CRX, Si Vtec Prelude and an SIR Accord.

Now I have a humble E30 325i SA import automatic and couldn't be happier, well I could, but I can't convert it to manual as the missus won't drive a manual car, sometimes its handy having a sober driver after a night out.

haha didn't want to be the one to say it!! but the missus was the same reason for me! exactly the same reason haha good to see someone else in the same boat!

buy my 1990 316i nz new manual 140k on clock :D

320 moves forwards.

320 moves forwards.

LOL