Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

100-million-Rolls-Royce-recall

Oh dear this is going to put a dent in the profit margins. :unsure:

Visit My Website

won't affect dealer profits, all gets paid warranty by BMW group.

Well we'll probably do all of two Rolls.

Yet another reason to buy a Bentley :P

Basically one in the same really, few differences now days but still very much alike.

Yet another reason to buy a Bentley :P

did you say reason to buy a VW? hahahah

I hate how media play with words to make something sounded really bad. A $100mil recall, wtf?

With thousands of parts going into a car these day, a couple bound to go wrong. Just a fact of life in modern car ownership.

I hate how media play with words to make something sounded really bad. A $100mil recall, wtf?

With thousands of parts going into a car these day, a couple bound to go wrong. Just a fact of life in modern car ownership.

That's media for you Vincent, just ridiculas really!

$100 million is hardly a lot of money these days.

But they will repair then not replace them?

Guest Ari Gold

It's two seperate recalls, not one.

And most of the NZ cars have already had it done to them, the first NZ cars got it over 2yrs ago, it's just Rolls Royce Australia dragging the chain.

Basically one in the same really, few differences now days but still very much alike.

They are two completely different cars, one is a BMW one is a Audi. Like saying a BMW 7 is the same as a Audi A8!

I would not one smashing into me! :unsure:

Believe me, they are still very alike.

I think the difference is also that it is not a 100M dollar recall as such. The cars are collectively worth 100M. I would imagine the gigantic Toyota recall of a few years ago would have been a billion dollar recall then...

Lazy journos...

Believe me, they are still very alike.

I don't believe you. Sorry.

I am interested to know how a BMW Phantom in any way the same as anything from Bentley??

I don't believe you. Sorry.

I am interested to know how a BMW Phantom in any way the same as anything from Bentley??

Sorry sorry, forgot who i was speaking to.... Ha how foolish of me.

:rolleyes:

You made the sweeping comment that they are basically the same, I was questioning what is the same, seems you can’t tell me. I am genuinely interested.

The Rolls Royce Phantom is a BMW product, designed and built by BMW, the equivalent Bentley, the Mulsanne and all other Bentleys are designed and built by VW, completely different cars, completely different companies.

Yes and then I thought there just is no point in arguing with YOU.

Free world however, you can believe what ever you like :)

Edited by Greg.

We all know no one wins and argument, was not trying to start one.

I would just like to know what they share out of genuine interest, one is BMW group and the other is VW group, they are like GM and Ford, I am more than happy to be schooled in anything automotive.

Ok Graham, my comment was in regards to years ago when they were one in the same, these days they still share alot of their aspects, they still look quite alike, not identical but quite alike.

Completey different companies now yes.

The Bentley was differentiated from its Rolls Royce sibling by its simpler and lighter front grille. The other point of difference to attract comment was said to result from the lower production cost of the Bentley grille. In October 1966, the saloon's pretax 'list price' of GBP 5375 undercut that of the Rolls-Royce by GBP 50.

The Bentley, being technically an identical twin of the Rolls-Royce, seems to have been bought mostly by owners wishing a little more understatement.

The formerly more sporting image of Bentley motor cars differing from Rolls-Royces was gone by the time the Silver Shadow/Bentley T was introduced and thus couldn't motivate buyers any more. "For a while Bentley´s sporting character has been as absent and as lamented as [deceased racing driver] Mr Seaman. The last batches of Bentleys have, to be rather frank, been a little hard to distinguish from their Rolls-Royce stablemates" was the opinion of Archie Vicar in the Motorist´s Illustrated Digest (Dec 1965).The same correspondent gave the car a favourable review, especially in comparison to its Rolls-Royce stablemate.

The outward appearance of a Bentley is slightly more dynamic because the bonnet design is a few centimetres lower and the radiator shell shape with its rounded edges is smoother. In addition, the badging on wheel covers, boot lid and gauges featured Bentley motifs rather than Rolls-Royce ones

Edited by Greg.