Sign in to follow this  
1quad1

Old annoying uptight ............................................

I didnt know there were so many old woman out there on this site that have nothing better to do than make annoying comments

All you dipshits with nothing better to do than make stupid comments DON'T respond to this as it seems that too many of you need to get a life

Edited by 1quad1

Can't help as not in CC but I personally would not reset an airbag circuit for anyone that has been tampered with the system (exc hard wiring faulty plug connections), regardless of the mod

Can't help as not in CC but I personally would not reset an airbag circuit for anyone that has been tampered with the system (exc hard wiring faulty plug connections), regardless of the mod

Why bother making a comment when it is of no use

Just mind your own business

There are so many busy bodies on this site with nothing to add but negativaty

I personally would not reset an airbag circuit for anyone that has been tampered with the system (exc hard wiring faulty plug connections), regardless of the mod

+1 Neither would I and I live in chch. Its not about being negative its about being safe.

Oh god, why do these people own BMWs when they can't affored to maintain them! If you could you would have replaced the occupancy sensor rather than frigging with the wiring.

Oh god, why do these people own BMWs when they can't affored to maintain them! If you could you would have replaced the occupancy sensor rather than frigging with the wiring.

Another goody goody who should learn to mind his own business

Get a life

If you get the light reset, ask them to check that it is showing the seat as occupied, then the airbag will go off in the correct circumstances (and even if the seat is empty, which is the safest way to bypass it).

Just an FYI: SOME occupancy bypasses tell the car that the sensor is fine, but there is no-one in the seat. If you brought it from eBay or similar, there is a good chance it is like this, and is made from a few simple components that are just twisted together, not even soldered.

If you have an accident, and some one dies because the airbag doesn't go off, you could be charged with manslaughter, as you have tampered with a safety device on the vehicle which may have saved their life. If you sell the car with it in place, things can get worse, too - you've then knowingly sold a vehicle which has had it's safety features tampered with, to someone who assumes the safety features are working.

If you get the light reset, ask them to check that it is showing the seat as occupied, then the airbag will go off in the correct circumstances (and even if the seat is empty, which is the safest way to bypass it).

Just an FYI: SOME occupancy bypasses tell the car that the sensor is fine, but there is no-one in the seat. If you brought it from eBay or similar, there is a good chance it is like this, and is made from a few simple components that are just twisted together, not even soldered.

If you have an accident, and some one dies because the airbag doesn't go off, you could be charged with manslaughter, as you have tampered with a safety device on the vehicle which may have saved their life. If you sell the car with it in place, things can get worse, too - you've then knowingly sold a vehicle which has had it's safety features tampered with, to someone who assumes the safety features are working.

Thanks it is set that the seat is occupied

^ as above.

well back to your question. just buy one of those home use diagnostic kits. they can reset airbags

^ as above.

well back to your question. just buy one of those home use diagnostic kits. they can reset airbags

Thanks

Where do I get one of them from ?

Cheers

B)

check trademe there should be a couple

check trademe there should be a couple

Does the carsoft stuff do it?

I have a spare Carsoft 6.5 (chinese ahcked rip-off version, like they all are) that you could have for $50, posted. It "should" do it - I only used it once on my laptop (via serial port) and connected to my E39. Seemed OK. Then put in back in the box. you will need a serial port to use it anyway.

Another goody goody who should learn to mind his own business

Get a life

Not us that should be getting a life :ph34r: . I was not being negative at all. Regardless of the bypass working, the system is not as per OEM & so is deemed illegal. As mentiond above, I too would be pissed if I bought a car to later find the system had been tampered with in that way.

Imagine a toddler in a car seat ( not encouraging them in the front seat) & getting seriously beaten up by an airbag that would not normally have deployed with a working sensor in place.

And for your information - I am NOT on here for negativaty. That said - I don't endorse illegal practices on cars.

Edit - just seen your edit Dipshit huh - thanks for the compliment :)

Edited by hotwire

I currently have this problem on a car. It is hard to conform to a rule which has financial implications which seems to suggest that children only travel in cars with airbags that have occupancy sensors, which is a ridiculous assumption.

The only just argument that I can be sure of is "exactly what goes on in the emulator, how reliable is it and how might it affect my other systems presuming it hasn't been through rigorous testing?".

The cars which are having this problem tend to be in the $3- 6 thousand dollar bracket, which at Up to $1000 to repair isn't a wise financial move.

A very tough spot.

The cars which are having this problem tend to be in the $3- 6 thousand dollar bracket, which at Up to $1000 to repair isn't a wise financial move.

Yep... best not put a set of tyres on it either. Bypass them.Rego and insurance as a percentage of purchase price are pretty up there too.

Although, a set of Mags and a nice exhaust seem to make better sense.

To be realistic, buying a 3 to 6K BMW is NOT a wise financial move. If you don't have any money, why buy a car which have so many gizmos in it to start with. If you're tight, buy a corolla. They're sh*t, but there's hardly anything in them to go wrong.

The sensor should NOT be bypassed, but some people will. There are a LOT of eBay traders selling the sensor, which does NOT work. A guy in the UK brought multiple ones and tested them - most cleared the light and told the SRS system there was no occupant, so the airbag would not deploy in an accident where it should. Upon disassembling them, they were a diode and resistor, twisted together onto the wires and poked in a plastic box. They were dangerous, and will possibly cause ECU problems as the connections degrade and arc microscopically. Then the light comes back on.

This is why I suggested the original poster have in checked that it shows the seat as occupied - which he seems to think it is, even though the lights not been cleared.