Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

E39 Broken lumbar support

Has anyone done this? http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/00/50/64 If so, is it easy? I know I'll have to reset the airbag warning light if I take the seat out but not sure how easy this lumbar fix is.

As you can tell most of posts are about the comfort and appearance of my car. Sums me up I think! hah

Plus I'm getting older and lumbar support is genuinely useful!

Edited by jeffbebe

Pretty sure if u disconnect battery before removing seat the air bag light wont come on.

Make sure the battery is connected for at least 30 mins, from what i have heard.

Okay, so disconnecting the battery for 30 mins before and after the operation should fix the potential airbag warning light issue. Anyone had any experience of changing/repairing the lumbar supports? I don't know what's wrong with it yet, whether it's a disconnected hose to the bag, the pump itself or some other issue. Anyone know what the common issues are?

Passenger side one works fine, are they interchangeable? Not so concerned that I'll pay megabucks to fix so DIY help and advice appreciated.