Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Wreck...what do i do with it?

what do all you parts fullas do with your wrecks once ya done......is there any company that will take it away, with their payment being the wreck? or is it worth taking to a scrappie for the metal $$ yourself? any ideas welcomed....excluding pushing off cliffs/into sea/leaving on someones front lawn

excluding pushing off cliffs/into sea/leaving on someones front lawn

sh*t, imn out of ideas then.

thats the hammy way.

how bout out west?

i think picka part does pick ups for free

i suggest getting a trade and exchange paper and they usually have advertisments in there bout that kind of stuff

i wanted hard evidence ryan, not to be told to go and actually help myself

probably will when the time comes

considering making it into a dolphin habitat, rainbow warrior styles

I'm in the same boat. Tell me the proper way to get rid of a car before I grind off the VIN then scuttle it at sea.

Im in the same boat, going to have a shell to have "removed" soon - I was going to drop it across my mates gate so he cant get out in the morning, but if someone will actually pay to come get it then sh*t, thats the way for me - saves dragging it and leaving a big trail of sparks heading out to its final resting spot.

The other alternative is, there are places round (not sure bout Auckland, but Napier/Hastings definitely) that give $10 fuel voucher for any old wreck - thats also a good way, but if you have to hire a trailer to get it there then its still going to cost about $50 to ditch!

Cher

i use bobs towing , they will take for free if it has engine and wheels , otherwise got them on a bulk discount rate now of $20 with no engine and wheels .

ph 0800 005 500.

but maybe will try local scrap metal dealer next time

I vote the scrappy to pay you to take it away, but some councils will remove for free if you ring them. Part of their mission to keep their city clean - I think Manukau does, but not sure about AukCC or NthShrCC.