Sign in to follow this  
Neal

E36 205/60/15 recommendation ?

Was about to replace the wifes standard 328i tyres with re002's , but bridgstone NZ don't bring them in 205/60/16's.

Was running GIII's before which were fine for grip / wear / wet weather. Being the family car I don't want crap tyres.

What do you recommend ?

Changing the wheels to 17" would give you more choices

Unfortunately in that size you will not find any performance tyres. Take a look a the Toyo Teo+, it is by far one of the best tyres I have come across in PCR sizing. Great wet weather grip, super quiet and it wears very well. Bridgestone use some of the technology from this tyre in their 'new' Ecopia range.

Cheers for the replies and will check out the toyo.

I think Bridgstone missed the standard E36 trye size when going from GIII to Re001 to Re002

Wife is an accountant so replacing rims on her car isn't really an option. Would love to put a set of those LM copies on otherwise.

Not sure if they are still made, but the Nankang EX-601 was a surprisingly good tyre, we ran them on our EVO in that size.

Hi Neal,

Just noticed your subject says 15 and in the post you said 16.

If it's 16 on a factory rim, they should have been 205/55/16 or 225/50/16. You have plenty of choice in those sizes.

Sorry, wheels are the standard sedan 15 inch , All I could get locally in the end was a set of the Dunlop Direzza Z101's which seem ok in the dry. I pointed out that the e36 needs at least 225/x/xx. Hopefully this will be the last set of tyres before replacing the Car.

Suspect replacing the wife would come in around new Ferrari price before getting a new wife. Would love to change it to an X5 or e60 but I'm not game enough to argue with a pregnant financial accountant, I've seen alien verse predator. The outcome was not great.

15s on a 328i! Really? Mine had the factory 16"x7 style 25s As the most I've seen but someone had swapped them for a set of 17x7.5 style 10s at some point as still have the 16" spare but it is an se so maybe that's why it had 16s.

The 318i had 15s

Was a Jap import so quite a basic car spec bar electric seats hence the factory 15's. Ride quality isn't too bad , more comfit than sporty. It has a more compliant ride than the old E36 with Msport 225/55/16 on my 325i and easier on the kidneys on bumpy back roads.

yer nah , talking through a hole in my head. Handles like sh!t compared to M3.

Edited by Neal