Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

Does anyone know verne99 on trademe?

Bought a set of coils from this guy about a month ago, paid for them and he doesn't respond to emails, has my money and won't send the parts.

Basically ripped me off.

He's selling a lot of BMW parts so somebody here might know him and be able to give him a kick up the arse for me and tell him to pull his head in?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings....?member=4186265

Have filed a report with trade me, but not actually sure what to do next. I actually just want the coils, didn't exactly pay much for them.

Not concerned about the amount, it's just the point.

Should get someone to arrange a time to view his car and confront him then ;)

Has anyone use the small claims court before? Quite tempted even though I won't get any money back.

Got dragged through disputes tribunal process (small claims) due to complex insurance issue - long story short basically two insurance companies arguing with each other. The costs to file paperwork are graduated by the amount you are disputing, can't remember the exact amounts as my insurance company paid the costs to file but I think somewhere around $120 to file for our claim (over $5k). This was down in Christchurch where there were significant delays due earthquake damage last year. Took ages - filed paperwork in July, first hearing was set down for a week before xmas which we had to have adjourned, second hearing in January, further adjourned to March as the other insurance company reckoned they didn't have some paperwork. Other centres are no doubt faster. You can't claim your costs back either if you win.

The hearing takes an hour or so with some faffing around before it starts, and by the time you have got to and from the venue you'd wanna allow for half a day off work. They do video link from court houses if you are in different places, and odds on the other guy won't show. Once you start the hearing it's relatively casual, just say what happened and then the other bloke gives his version. Can't interject but you get to clarify any points before the referee makes a decision.

In my opinion PITA for any amount under $300. Though if you have time and patience and a higher threshold for that sort of nonsense you could do it but you won't get back what it costs in fees and inconveience.

my mate brought a e34 bonnet off him a while back.

he used to trade under a different name.

used to own a furniture shop in glenfield??

just call him

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

i would love to call and view his car but its in auckland. hope you get ur stuff back bro!