Sign in to follow this  
mhobbsy

E36 M3 Dual Vanos Repair

Hi everyone,

I have the terrible marbles in a twin can noise coming from the vanos unit and was wondering if any has had any success here in repairing them as I'm seriously considering Dr vanos but its rather pricey and your relying on parts arriving and yours making it back to them to get the core refund.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I have the terrible marbles in a twin can noise coming from the vanos unit and was wondering if any has had any success here in repairing them as I'm seriously considering Dr vanos but its rather pricey and your relying on parts arriving and yours making it back to them to get the core refund.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

I did mine a few years back, very easy. It's not dual vanos, only intake side has it on the S50.

I had the instructions from TIS as I work at a BMW dealer but I would assume you would find them on the interweb.

beisan systems have just released a kit, I have it in my car, it is excellent! If you are in Auckland, you're welcome to have a listen...

mikes is s52 duel vanos.. on line tis is prity poor greg how is the genuine version, any chance you could fax a procedure copy to us so we can help him out?

Ordered all parts for my dual vanos rebuild last week from basian and BMW so will be giving that a go in the following weeks. Also doing before and after dyno runs too to see what a difference it makes.

Ordered all parts for my dual vanos rebuild last week from basian and BMW so will be giving that a go in the following weeks. Also doing before and after dyno runs too to see what a difference it makes.

It's funny - I've seen people do dyno runs, and see no difference (on other forums etc). Ours REALLY felt difference. I can't see how you wouldn't notice it on the chart.

Will be good to see results!

I've just ordered the Basian systems rattle kit and vanos repair for my S50B30.

It looks tricky im a bit nervous ripping all that lot to bits. Any tips or trick guys? Do you need the cam allingnment bridge? Where do you get/beg/borrow/steal one of those? Is it tricky to get it all back on alligned properly with the cams?

The basian write up is an extremely detailed, step by step guide to do it, that's what I'm using as a guide so should make things pretty clear and shouldn't need the special tools either by the looks of things.

shouldn't be too hard to do just got to keep an eye on the oil pump orientation. might just have to mark it before removal

Hi everyone,

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

recommend that you read the information about the repair kits for BMW vanos online

www.vanos-bmw.com

Posted Image

just replaced all the seals in my single vanos s50 successfully it wasn't too hard but it was time consuming havnt noticed much difference i had a small issue before with when the car was cold there is an small jolt when you start to accelerate but that has seem to of gone now. also pretty much every old seal was well destroyed

I finally did the S50B30 single vanos with Besian systems rattle and vanos kits, took me a while but all good.

Turns out i have an early 9/93 model that doesn't look like the instructions.

No timing marks or TDC lock pin on front ballancer, only at the back by starter motor lock pin into fly wheel (buried deep) so glad i marked all on the way out so just put it back together same so sweet.

Also cant get sprocket hub off cam without taking cam out so the S62 sprocket hub diaphragm spring and pressure plate (11-36-7-833-218) i bought didnt go on.