Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Springs

Have been swapping out suspension in the E36, fronts are done but have run into an issue with the rear springs...

The springs are black with a green brush stroke on them, they were a mission to get in, had to drop diff etc...but now they're in I cant seem to jack the diff high enough to get the bolts back in? The entire car starts to lift and the diff needs to go about an inch higher <_<

I had standard sets of E36 and E30 standard springs, recently put a set (unsure which) into the 316i E30 when I sold it and assumed these were the old E36 set...Possible mix-up?

Anyone got a set of std rear springs from an E36 (..Ray..)? Could you measure the unsprung height? Maybe a pic too?

Cheers,

Lucan

I'd say you have the wrong springs. I've just not long resprung the touring and took about 10mins to do both rear springs. Just drop the shock off and spring pulls out by hand easy as.

I'd take the springs backout, refit diff and then try fit springs the way I did

Just measured old factory springs. Are about 240-250mm

Yea that's the way I removed the old springs, unbolt shocks and push, easy for putting in lowering springs but getting these 'what i assume are standard e36 springs' back in is the pain...will measure mine when I get home but from memory they looked about that size :wacko:

Got some free ones here for you to match the fronts.