Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Street Pro Kits

Alright, this is getting rediculous.

A while back I bought a voucher off "Yazoom" for a full bumper repair & repaint at a place called Street Pro Kits, $89 for $599 worth of work.

So I booked in and dropped off my front bumper and techII valance on the 20th of June (had to take time off work to drop it off, because I was told this was the only day they have time to take it), feeling pretty stoked with the deal I got (but slightly worried when I realised how unprofessional the place was). I was told it would take up to 6 working days, and I figured I can live without driving my car for a week.

After about a week and a half I hadn't heard anything so I emailed them, but recieved no reply. I called them but they didn't answer. I did this a couple of times but never managed to get into contact with them, so I found their facebook page and emailed them through that and got this reply on the 29th of June:

hi matey yes its all getting painted in alot that will be back next week so will be in touch

I waited paitently 'til the next week, but didn't hear anything back. I tried calling several times again but there was never an answer, same story with emails. On the 9th of July I finally got through to them again and was told my parts hadn't even gone to the paint shop yet (no idea what they'd been doing with it all that time?!) but I was assured it would be done by Friday (13th July) at the very latest. I expressed my dissatisfaction and reminded them that I haven't been able to drive my car all this time.

By today, 12th July, I still hadn't heard anything, so I called again only to be told

"Hey bro, oh yeah nah I dunno we've been busy as, I'll try push it through for you and have it done by monday aye".

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it turns out good and it's all been worth it but if their painting skills are anything like their customer service skills then I bet I'll get back my once Royal Blau Metallic front end in a sky blue or something!

Anyone else had experience with these clowns? I know you get what you pay for and all that but even for $89 I'd expect better than this!

On another note, what can I do if they continue to mess me around? Or, worse yet, if they give me back my bumper and the colour doesn't match? Usually I'd demand they repaint it until they get it right, but I don't want to wait forever.

Kinetic - yep those reports don't surprise me.

I don't know how websites like Yazoom can justify offering deals for dodgy shops like this one!

Edit: Actually while I'm at it - does anyone have a spare facelift front bumper I can borrow or buy if it's cheap? Doesn't have to be mint, just want to be able to drive my car in the meanwhile.

Edited by sascha

Hmmm... you may try emailing Yazoom.

I think, under the Consumer Gaurantees act, THEY are in fact the retailer in the situation, so are obligated to ensure compliance with the Consumer Gaurantees act. You did purchase the service from them.

If you tell them, they might put a bit more weight on the situation. I suppose, worst case, you'd like you bumper and $89 back at least.

I'd aim for that, because if they're that dodgy, you may find your bumper disappears too.

It hasn't been a super long time, but they did book it in, it's not like it was a "we;ll do it when we can squeeze it in" type deal.

Alright, this is getting rediculous.

A while back I bought a voucher off "Yazoom" for a full bumper repair & repaint $89 for $599 worth of work.

Out of interest, what needs doing (repair) on ya bumper?

I just did E30 front & back bar & bonnet.

Rear bar had a big chunk missing from moulding and bonnet had a couple of good dents. One on front edge that was bad enough that it actually pulled the whole front edge of bonnet down. Other one was on the back edge and looked like it had been hit with an axe.

Did the whole lot for $300.

Check out andys ( _Ethrty-Andy_ ) E30 build thread ( can find it at the bottom of any post andy has made) to see finished product.

Just putting it out there if you want a decent job for reasonable $.

Hmmm... you may try emailing Yazoom.

I think, under the Consumer Gaurantees act, THEY are in fact the retailer in the situation, so are obligated to ensure compliance with the Consumer Gaurantees act. You did purchase the service from them.

If you tell them, they might put a bit more weight on the situation. I suppose, worst case, you'd like you bumper and $89 back at least.

I'd aim for that, because if they're that dodgy, you may find your bumper disappears too.

It hasn't been a super long time, but they did book it in, it's not like it was a "we;ll do it when we can squeeze it in" type deal.

Yeah I was thinking about that too (about emailing Yazoom). Think I'll try that if they don't pull through next monday.

Hasn't been a super long time but pretty long to go without my car for!

I've been getting worried too about them nicking the bumper and valance, but I doubt they'd even that they're worth any more than standard.

Just putting it out there if you want a decent job for reasonable $.

No repair needed - just a good respray as the paint is chipping.

Actually, I've been kicking myself the whole time for not just bringing it to you straight away. The only reason I didn't bring it to you ages ago is the distance.

Out of interest, how much would you charge for the front bumper and techII valance to prep and paint them if these guys stuff it up?

The only reason I didn't bring it to you ages ago is the distance.

Out of interest, how much would you charge for the front bumper and techII valance to prep and paint them if these guys stuff it up?

$150 inclusive of labour & materials.

Distance could be an issue BUT alot of times people have found it cheaper to send me stuff to do and including courier here & back it still works out cheaper.

Or get a whole lot of BS members parts together (bumpers, valances, mirrors or what ever) and get one person to bring the lot and i'll do a discounted price.

A+ recommended would trade again.

E: photos on page two of my link thing in my signature

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I would of thought they'd want to do you a good, fast job being that the yazoom voucher is basically cheap advertising once you start raving about how good they were etc. Don't think they quite see the way it works though...

$150 inclusive of labour & materials.

Or get a whole lot of BS members parts together (bumpers, valances, mirrors or what ever) and get one person to bring the lot and i'll do a discounted price.

Thanks John, I'll be in touch if I need it resprayed.

A+ recommended would trade again.

E: photos on page two of my link thing in my signature

Looks good!

I would of thought they'd want to do you a good, fast job being that the yazoom voucher is basically cheap advertising once you start raving about how good they were etc. Don't think they quite see the way it works though...

Yeah exactly what I thought - because now they basically lost money AND got bad rep from it. I don't think they understand it either.

i think there's been quite alot of this.

we bought a voucher off one of these companies (another one). Couldn't ever get them on the phone to book an appointment, did get and email and even then they kept cancelling on us.

Wouldn't do it again, not worth the hassle. I did have to threaten the voucher company under the consumer guarantees act to get any action.

you get what you pay for.

Any luck as of yet?

On two instances I have bought vouchers online and gone to use them (before expiry) only to find that they are now under new management and can not / will not redeem vouchers.

1 was for paintball and the other was a restaurant. Got my money back for the paintball voucher and still working on the restaurant.

No luck. Was told it would be done by yesterday (I insisted it be pushed through during the weekend, the guy on the other end said it would), and I called up today only to be told he'll try have it done by friday!!

I asked to speak to his boss and he said to call back half an hour later. When I called back the boss still wasn't in but I was assured he'd call me today. He never called of course.

Wow same problem with two different vouchers? That's unlucky!

I'm currently waiting on a reply from Yazoom, I suggested they pressure the company into getting it sorted for me.

I'm going to ask if they've done any work on it (like sand it down or anything) and if it's as it was when I dropped it off then I'm going to go pick it up and demand a refund. That is when/if I ever get through to the boss!

Don't think I'll be buying another of these vouchers.

Edited by sascha

face them in person. most people can lie easily on the phone/email etc but will crack in a confrontation.

sometimes not always possible unfortunately.............

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

face them in person. most people can lie easily to your face but will crack in a confrontation.

sometimes not always possible unfortunately.............

Yep, do it in person if possible.

Funnily enough i've never had any problems when confronting people face to face, don't really know why because i'm old, 70kg & 5 foot nothing, aye Andy hehe. :unsure:

Where are you based bellicose? I need a panel painted

Yep, do it in person if possible.

Funnily enough i've never had any problems when confronting people face to face, don't really know why because i'm old, 70kg & 5 foot nothing, aye Andy hehe. :unsure:

hahahaha no comment ;)

not really. I saved money by driving to new plymouth and back twice and paying him. mind you i dont ahve any kids or wife etc so have all the time in the world and enjoy driving, auckland to NP wouldnt be any further than welly to NP i would have thought

Time to go back on topic with a bit of an update.

Earlier this week I was told by the guy I had been dealing with (His name's Vinda) that my bumper had been painted and he'd call me to organise pick up this week.

I called again today because I didn't get any calls from him (like usual) and aparently he's been fired for mucking customers around. There's a new guy there now who's taken over his job, and he's just told me that my bumper is still on the shope floor, and hasn't even been painted yet!

Anyway, hopefully with Vinda gone their company will stick to what they say and stop misleading customers. It'd be nice to have my bloody bumper back too!

It's been 6 weeks today.

I unfortunately bought the same vouchers, dropped off my bumpers on 5th May, still not done

Everytime I get mucked around on the phone too, need to find time to go back there and get my stuff

Edited by blonky

Oh dude, same place? Damn if you've been waiting since the 5th of May I've got no chance of getting mine done! Have you been dealing with Vinda? Have you emailed Yazoom?

Oh dude, same place? Damn if you've been waiting since the 5th of May I've got no chance of getting mine done! Have you been dealing with Vinda? Have you emailed Yazoom?

Yeah that clown Vinda, heard a lot of bad things about him from other forums too, I'm just going to pick up my bumpers and get them done elsewhere.

I haven't emailed Yazoom yet will do soon, have you had any luck getting a refund?

Ok, I made some progress: complained to Yazoom asking for a refund, they (Yazoom) call 2 days later to say that they have contacted the place, my bumpers have been ready one month ago?

So I head out to Streetpro Kit's in Henderson and what do I find - front bumper and side skirts are painted (rough I might add) but not repaired, and the rear bumper isn't even finished!!!

Apparently my rear bumper is only in the paint shop now (they've had it since 5th May) and the guy said he has tried emailing me and calling me for a while, which is odd as my number or email address hasn't changed

Office:

Posted Image

Customer vehicle just pulled in:

Posted Image

Front bumper:

Posted Image

Closeup on bumper paint:

Posted Image

Side skirts:

Posted Image

It kinda looks like their 'painter' was using my parts for practice; the quality is not really good at all

But at least I can finally pick them up <_<