Sign in to follow this  
Deftones

Retrimming Seats

Boys and girls... Anyone had any experience with retrimming your seats? I have a couple of rips in one, and generally not in good condition, but given that my parents were lovely enough to leave me with p1mpd out sheepskin covers I havent needed to repair.

Anyone have cost estimates on retrimming, and/or any places that will do a reasonable job at a reasonable price.

Any answers would rock my boat.

Previous owner did mine. But any auto upholsterer will do it. Its no too expensive I think.

Vinyl and Leather Repair Services In Rutherford St Lower Hutt 566 0135, just behind Cars'n'Us

He's a grumpy old bastard but he does a reasonable job at a reasonable price.....My work puts a lot of business thru him.

He's worth a shot, he does repairs and full re-covers in all sorts of fabrics.

Oh and his name is Dick

Edited by NHCTIB

Boys and girls... Anyone had any experience with retrimming your seats? I have a couple of rips in one, and generally not in good condition, but given that my parents were lovely enough to leave me with p1mpd out sheepskin covers I havent needed to repair.

Anyone have cost estimates on retrimming, and/or any places that will do a reasonable job at a reasonable price.

Any answers would rock my boat.

I had the side bolster replaced for 200 nicker.

Leather, I know, and a bigger seat, I know, at least its a price for you :(

Can certainly recommend my leather guy but as you say your in some cloth stuff.

I had a friend in the UK pick up some Alpina fabric pretty cheap have you thought about getting something like that from the UK and doing all of them ?

Alternatively how abou asking the people at The Surgery. I know nothing about them but they do advertise in the BMW CC mag and they may well be able to recommend someone.

cool. Thanks guys.

I might wait till my sports seats arrive and suss it out then. looks like only 1 major rip, but I have a feeling it will stand out in my interior.

Was talking to Mike last night about the things The Surgery do. He suggested that there's no point trying to repair the vinyl cracks as it's the foam underneath which has split causing the cracks.

I've used that vinyl guy in Rutherford street. He's cheap and nasty, fixed my cracks but left horrible patches behind and they just cracked again 9 months later. He's definately a horrible old bastard alright, seemed to think the repairs lasting 9 months was a good job :wacko:

IMHO, just stick a car seat over them, save yourself the hassle.

IMHO, just stick a car seat over them, save yourself the hassle.

Until you get yourself the leather sports seats :D