Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Hiring a decent car in Frankfurt Germany.

Can anyone recommend a good company to use for car hire in Frankfurt?

Im in need of a car for 2 days while over there. Ill be driving to the Nurburgring from Frankfurt to go and experience the bmw ring-taxi hot lap.

Would love to hire something like an e39 m5, but being an older car, the big car hire companies don't have them in their fleet.

This is not a car for use on the race track, just for a spirited drive on the autobahns to get from Frankfurt to Nurburg.

Can anyone recommend a good company to use for car hire in Frankfurt?

Im in need of a car for 2 days while over there. Ill be driving to the Nurburgring from Frankfurt to go and experience the bmw ring-taxi hot lap.

Would love to hire something like an e39 m5, but being an older car, the big car hire companies don't have them in their fleet.

This is not a car for use on the race track, just for a spirited drive on the autobahns to get from Frankfurt to Nurburg.

I've used Avis many times. If you book through their UK website you can access Porsches and other new high performance cars. Well worth it. Using the NZ site limits the car choices.

Keep checking the status of the Nurburgring also. As it is about to go into receivership.

As it is about to go into receivership.

This is why I didn't book in the end and decided to skip the ring altogether :( including cancelling car hire. Off to Munich to do factory tours instead which I think is a good compromise.

Last time I got one in Frankfurt it was from Sixt and was a 320i. Normally Avis just have the usual rental pigs that nobody wants to buy (Focus, Punto, Astra etc, etc) although I did just miss out on getting my hands on a Hummer from LAX a couple of years back...

It's worth having nav with traffic updates - the traffic jams can be mental.

Used National as they were the most reasonable of the big car rentals

make sure you book the bmw tour. was told to head out there and book last year but when i got there, they were booked solid for 3 months and this was in Sept!!

Keep checking the status of the Nurburgring also. As it is about to go into receivership.

It's looking like it will go bust by the end of the month. Apparently events for 2012 at the ring won't be affected. Fingers crossed.. $377 for a ring taxi ticket down the drain otherwise.