Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

E39 540i I want to buy

Link

Hey guys, as some may know I'm sellign my car. After some thought I really wanted to stay in the BMW community.

The thing that made me want to change was that my car is a "bit" slow.

After looking at some cars, I thought why not get a 540i.

So I found this one. Anyone test driven it? Condition is ok? Seems legit?

If all goes well I would swap out the headlights to the angel eyes on mine now and same with the rims.

Thanks guys :)

Link

Hey guys, as some may know I'm sellign my car. After some thought I really wanted to stay in the BMW community.

The thing that made me want to change was that my car is a "bit" slow.

After looking at some cars, I thought why not get a 540i.

So I found this one. Anyone test driven it? Condition is ok? Seems legit?

If all goes well I would swap out the headlights to the angel eyes on mine now and same with the rims.

Thanks guys :)

Looks pretty tidy and low kms though best to get a mechanic you trust to have a proper look. They look great in black and I prefer the PFL grille. Auction's closed on TM, how much are they asking?

Looks pretty tidy and low kms though best to get a mechanic you trust to have a proper look. They look great in black and I prefer the PFL grille. Auction's closed on TM, how much are they asking?

it has only been on there for 3 or 4 days I think. was suprise to see they took it off. asking buy now pirce was only $6000.

It would be a great deal if it was mechanically sound. I requested it to be relisted. If not sold will be going to check it out.

I imagine the reason it's/was so cheap is that the engine has been swapped out and now the km's don't actually match the engine.

I think that would be a bit of a turn off for some buyers.

I imagine the reason it's/was so cheap is that the engine has been swapped out and now the km's don't actually match the engine.

I think that would be a bit of a turn off for some buyers.

Although... if they didn't mention it... no-one would know. You wonder why they have said all that, when the avaerage seller on trademe seems to be far less honest - like the genuine low milage E30's (with an odometer that hasn't changed for 8 years, but it seems to work now....)

Although... if they didn't mention it... no-one would know. You wonder why they have said all that, when the avaerage seller on trademe seems to be far less honest - like the genuine low milage E30's (with an odometer that hasn't changed for 8 years, but it seems to work now....)

True, I guess the VIN and engine numbers won't match. Someone might notice.

True, I guess the VIN and engine numbers won't match. Someone might notice.

Yeah, possible, although I don't usually check myself, unless it's a classic or something really special.

I wonder if someone offered them good money for it and they sold it out of trademe, or if they suddenly realised it was a bit cheap. It was a pretty good price. It might appear next week for a couple of grand more.