Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Project 30

Carpet winning eh bro haha

Haha shoved it back in place in under twenty mins!! Might get round to putting all the trim back today... The Mrs is keen for the beach though.... As if I weren't tanned enough. Ah well, I don't get my front seats back from Waikumete until next week anyway!

Haha shoved it back in place in under twenty mins!! Might get round to putting all the trim back today... The Mrs is keen for the beach though.... As if I weren't tanned enough. Ah well, I don't get my front seats back from Waikumete until next week anyway!

Lol we've been driving around and about without the carpet and haven't heard the missus complaining yet about the sound... Not sure what would happen if I'd taken out the trims as well lol

Lol we've been driving around and about without the carpet and haven't heard the missus complaining yet about the sound... Not sure what would happen if I'd taken out the trims as well lol

I can't drive my car cause my waterpump is shot. But Tatyana is used to my antics, I had the Mini which was sounded ratchet as in the cabin before I did some soundproofing! I waas going to Dynamat while I had the carpets out but couldn't get it in time.

So a few days ago I managed to fit everything back in, I'll admit at times I got the order of things wrong and had to pull trim out and start again :mellow:

Here she is, waiting on the fronts which I should get back tomorrow.

post-6404-1357425903.jpg

post-6404-1357425903.jpg

Damn looking good bro, I should pop over sometime when I'm bored and take a look for myself. Would be nice to do mine in leather trimming as well, but will wait for until everything I'm doing right now all sorted and got over with first <_<

Picked the recovered seat up yesterday. Waikumete did an awesome job on it and I doubt you could beat their prices. Put it back in today completing the mini interior project.

Here is the drivers seat before I hit it with some wax and leather moisturiser. With some wear etc it should match up perfectly with old material. Its not that obvious regardless.

post-6404-1357715051.jpg

And here it is all back together.

post-6404-1357715111.jpg

Next week I should have my new waterpump, thermostat and belts to get it running again!

Been busy the last couple of weeks with this. I fitted a new waterpump, thermostat and changed the three belts. Did a service at the same time. Highly recommend Paul from MillAnd. Amazing service and great quality products. Got all those fitted only to find it still getting high in temp. Got the viscous replaced and now she is back on track!!

Here she is getting some treatment...

post-6404-1359536489.jpg

With a new Volvo lip, pulled of a 960. Fitted a German badge too. Not sure how long that will stay.

post-6404-1359536499.jpg

post-6404-1359536510.jpg

Edited by L0WBMW

Hell no. I had both the garages to myself!

I think I'll be putting this up for sale in a few days... What do you guys think its worth?? I know its worth what someones willing to pay but a few opinions cant hurt... Or if anyone wants to do a trade with a motorbike they might have lying around... :ph34r:

Should've told me you're selling it when I popped in on Sunday lol, would make an offer on that Volvo lip lol

Real last minute thing. A chance to go down another road came up that I'm dead keen on. Plus wouldn't want to sell the car without a lip lol.

Real last minute thing. A chance to go down another road came up that I'm dead keen on. Plus wouldn't want to sell the car without a lip lol.

What road? Tell me more about it lol

That looks real tidy mate, Good Job,

Im getting colour code paint for my 325i in a spray can,

is that what you used in your bumpers? and did you dye the carpet black? as im trying ti find some carpet dye.

Cheers

Jordan

and did you dye the carpet black? as im trying ti find some carpet dye.

VHT black, about $15 from Repco. its got the Andy seal of approval.

just make sure you comb the carpet so its all 'pointing' one direction, spray and walk away, then in a few hours comb other way spray again. may want to comb horozontally as well, up to you.

That looks real tidy mate, Good Job,

Im getting colour code paint for my 325i in a spray can,

is that what you used in your bumpers? and did you dye the carpet black? as im trying ti find some carpet dye.

Cheers

Jordan

Yep just colour coded the bumpers with a spray can. Just note though that depending on the condition of your paint, it might not exactly match the paintcode. Best to take in the fuel flap to get them to get a closer match. And yup did dye the carpets. Exactly what Andy recommends. Good stuff, easy to use. Best to get the carpet out and powerwash it. You would be amazed how much filth comes out. And in between coats I brushed the carpet in one direction as Andy said and vacuumed it before the next coat.

Thanks guys will give it a go! :)

No worries!

Those wheels set her off. Looks tops.

Cheers bro! Will be sad when she goes..

Where did you get the german flag badge? ive looked on ebay and all, or does it have the M on it too?