Sign in to follow this  
Navin

E30 325i

Hey guys, thought i'd share a bit of info/pics of my e30.

Picked it up in Feb this year, was in pretty good nick when i got it. Had a full panel and paint, no rust anywhere. Came with: full mtech II Bilstein suspension, leather buckets 17" SSA concept whees and nolothane rear subframe bushes, full exhaust system

When I first got it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soon after, started adding bits to it. Purchased a full black leather interior (have original black recaros aswell) and a Mtech II steering wheel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gave it a full service (plugs, filters, oil) in the first week of owning it. Then started getting a bit more serious with it. So far i've:

Installed dash mat (got given to me for free!)

Pioneer USB headunit, Kicker component speakers

IS front lip

Replaced rear strut mounts

Installed a refurbished 4.1 LSD (best mod so far)

New front control arms

Powerflex eccentric control arm bushes

Nolothane swaybar mount bushes (front and rear)

New swaybar links

Redline MTL gearbox fluid

Redline shockproof diff fluid

Z3 Shifter (yet to be installed)

Also sold the 17's last weekend and purchased some 16x7.5 Hartge 3 piece wheels:

Posted Image

Am currently tidying them up, will be putting them on this weekend.

As it sits now (on borrowed bottlecaps):

Posted Image

Will update as I go,

Cheers!

Edited by Navin

Looking good! Nice and tidy. Did you find any difference with the eccentric LCAB bushes? My old ones were very worn OEM items, so don't really have a benchmark. TBH, getting a bit rough with all new links and urethane items i've been replacing (getting old :P)

It's hard to tell tbh, I replaced pretty much all the bushes at the same time, the car definitely handles a lot better than before. Just not so sure how much of a difference the eccentric bushes on their own made

Lovin' the interior combination! Looking forward to see what you do with the Hartges.

Lovin' the interior combination! Looking forward to see what you do with the Hartges.

Cheers, Are you Aakansh's mate? he's been telling me about your e30, should meet up for a shoot sometime. Didn't realise how many e30's there are around Roskill haha

Edited by Navin

Good to see you made a thread Navin.

All I can suggest now is colour code the bumpers and possibly all red the tail lights, and you're set :)

Cheers, Are you Aakansh's mate? he's been telling me about your e30, should meet up for a shoot sometime. Didn't realise how many e30's there are around Roskill haha

Yup, me and Akanksh got our 30s on the same day haha. I know of yours, the other one in your pics, and mine and Akanksh's. I also highly doubt he would bring his car out for a shoot (if you've seen it you will know why!). But I'm keen as, and Akanksh can still do the shoot! Should round a few more up and do it!

Yup, me and Akanksh got our 30s on the same day haha. I know of yours, the other one in your pics, and mine and Akanksh's. I also highly doubt he would bring his car out for a shoot (if you've seen it you will know why!). But I'm keen as, and Akanksh can still do the shoot! Should round a few more up and do it!

I'm just up the road in Royal Oak, I'd be keen if you lot don't mind a wagon In the shots?

Good to see you made a thread Navin.

All I can suggest now is colour code the bumpers and possibly all red the tail lights, and you're set :)

Hey man, yup i'd love to get the bumpers colour coded in the near future, would look a lot tidier. Need to start getting some quotes. The tailights was one of the first things I did after buying the car, I initially used red tamiya lens spray. Wasn't too happy with the result. Discovered that VHT does a red version of the nite shades so re-did them last week with that. Turned out a lot better this time

Oh and I've got some info on the custom lips for the hartges, will get some figures and flick you a pm sometime this week

Haha yup, i've driven his. At least he's tidying it up..slowly. I know of a few more e30's around here, will try sort something out and give you a pm once I get the wheels on.

Them seats are cool

cheers, have had a lot of interest in them. Don't think i'd ever part with them lol, they're more comfortable than they look too

I'm just up the road in Royal Oak, I'd be keen if you lot don't mind a wagon In the shots?

Yeah man, you're more than welcome. Will flick you a pm when i've organised something

Haha would be good to have a wagon in there! Hopefully by then we can sort out the design!

Haha yup, i've driven his. At least he's tidying it up..slowly. I know of a few more e30's around here, will try sort something out and give you a pm once I get the wheels on.

Definately! The flowmaster exhaust did wonders for the drive! I'd be all up on it but mine is an auto :( Yup just give us some warning so we can clean up. Use it as a daily so it's a wreck during the week.

Definately! The flowmaster exhaust did wonders for the drive! I'd be all up on it but mine is an auto :( Yup just give us some warning so we can clean up. Use it as a daily so it's a wreck during the week.

Mine's the same, it's my daily. Everytime I plan to give it a wash/wax in the weekend, the weather turns to sh*t. Will let you know in advance

Tidy ride mate, rate it. Leather looks mint.

Cheers

Put the hartges on today

Crappy cellphone pics(centre caps are now on):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Need to get the camera out next weekend and take some proper pics. Still not 100% happy with the fitment, need to space them out a little. Next week's plan is to install the superlow springs that have been sitting in my garage for a while now

keep it as is if its not rubbing, make use of that LSD.

edit: forgot to say how much better it suits than the old SSA's, looking forwards to see it when i next visit Repco

Edited by dubman

Yeah might just leave it as it is till I get the custom lips made up for them. Hoping to get it done by summer. haha yeap definitely look 100x better than the old wheels. extremely happy with them

Edited by Navin

Yeah might just leave it as it is till I get the custom lips made up for them. Hoping to get it done by summer. haha yeap definitely look 100x better than the old wheels. extremely happy with them

Very nice, I much prefer the Hartge wheels, which reminds me, I need to start looking for something like that for my E30, those 14inch weaves look so small, to me 16inch is the perfect wheel size for an E30, but in saying that, I'm OLD.

As someone else said, colour coding the bumpers (but leave the trim black) would look nice, that's something I'll get done to mine soon, that is when the cars on the road so I can take it to the Paint and Panel shop to get it done.

Very nice, I much prefer the Hartge wheels, which reminds me, I need to start looking for something like that for my E30, those 14inch weaves look so small, to me 16inch is the perfect wheel size for an E30, but in saying that, I'm OLD.

As someone else said, colour coding the bumpers (but leave the trim black) would look nice, that's something I'll get done to mine soon, that is when the cars on the road so I can take it to the Paint and Panel shop to get it done.

Cheers

Yeah agree, 16" with a good offset is perfect for e30's. Have already got a few quotes for the bumpers etc so that will be on the cards fairly soon. How's the manual conversion on yours going?

Cheers

Yeah agree, 16" with a good offset is perfect for e30's. Have already got a few quotes for the bumpers etc so that will be on the cards fairly soon. How's the manual conversion on yours going?

Its getting there, still waiting for a rear support bracket for shifter to turn up, I ended up ordering one through BMW.

How do you find the Diff ratio and LSD on yours? mines still got a non LSD medium case diff with assumed 3.64 or 3.73 ratio.

Its getting there, still waiting for a rear support bracket for shifter to turn up, I ended up ordering one through BMW.

How do you find the Diff ratio and LSD on yours? mines still got a non LSD medium case diff with assumed 3.64 or 3.73 ratio.

Oh sweet, you'll love it when it's done.

4.1 LSD is the best thing i've done to it. So much better in the corners and a lot more acceleration. My old diff was a 3.64 and I noticed a huge difference. highly recommend it

Looks classy and tough with the Hartges.

I have a 3mm slip on spacer on the back, which helps a little with fitment. You can get some 15mm bolt on spacers which will help there, but with those chunky tyres you're probably gonna get some rub.

Yup I've ordered some 8mm slip ons with hubcentric rings. Also got longer wheel bolts so everything should work out ok. Will definitely need to roll the guards a little more aswell

WOAH nice update, i like your tweeter mounts. Did you screw them on or is it an A pillar replacement item?

Clean ride dude

Are the switches on the right sitting over the edge, or is it just the photo?

I'm going to do this, where did you end up getting your switches from?