Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Alloy / Steel Fuel Tank Fabricators?

Hi,

Just wanting to know if anyone here has had a custom fuel tank fabricated to spec by an appropriate engineer?

I could probably get my engineer friend to weld up a basic tank to my specs, but I want one made up that has all the specific requirements met for such a risky component of the car hence me prefering to go to a pro to build one...

I've searched around and found a few possible companies that could build me a tank, but just wanted to ask here in case someone had some experience.

In case you're wondering the reason for this is that I need a custom drop tank to sit bellow the rear boot floor between the exhaust system as the stock fuel tank up front gets in the way of the dual exhaust layout - of which can't be altered in anyway so the fuel tank has to be changed...... Boy to I make thing complicated, haha.

Anyway, any feedback on the said topic would be appreciated.

I think sinco customs has done a few in the past and they do nice work.

Cool thanks. Yeah I've been searching through off the self stuff, but nothing has the right dimensions, built in sender & filler location etc for this application.

Hi,

Just wanting to know if anyone here has had a custom fuel tank fabricated to spec by an appropriate engineer?

I could probably get my engineer friend to weld up a basic tank to my specs, but I want one made up that has all the specific requirements met for such a risky component of the car hence me prefering to go to a pro to build one...

I've searched around and found a few possible companies that could build me a tank, but just wanted to ask here in case someone had some experience.

In case you're wondering the reason for this is that I need a custom drop tank to sit bellow the rear boot floor between the exhaust system as the stock fuel tank up front gets in the way of the dual exhaust layout - of which can't be altered in anyway so the fuel tank has to be changed...... Boy to I make thing complicated, haha.

Anyway, any feedback on the said topic would be appreciated.

Dude, it's a piece o' piss. There are very few specific requirements other than material and some form of baffling.

2mm Ally

1mm Stainless

1.3mm Mild steel.

Weld a box, with a large flange around the top to mount, with some foam or baffles inside. Frame in boot to mount. Done.

Posted Image

Jason at MACWELD has done a number of tanks for various race cars etc

he had done sum very nice work for me also, 09 2946676