Sign in to follow this  
LOWBMW

1990 318IS

Wow, looks nearly identical to mine! It's weird that yours has the iS lip painted black and the lower sills red, mine has the black lower sills and red iS lip...I wonder which is the factory option?

Been trying to find some basketweaves for mine but no such luck :(

hahaha sweet yeah they are sick ae ! on yours is factory option , the sills have been painted red on mine , i reckon its cool makes the car seem a bit lower with out actually being lower :) and i painted the IS lip myself !

you might be in luck i might be selling my backet weaves soon :)

Stunning looking car. Please don't bastardise it <_<

I second keeping the chrome grill, not all cars suit black...

Yeah man , ill probs keep it as is :) looks good so why go changing it :) hahaha dont worry evrything done to it will be done with class !!

looking good, doesn't the iS' come with sideskirts, or is that an option as well?

What side skirts do you mean bro ? mine just has red painted sills :)

i might be selling my backet weaves soon :)

Only my opinion, but it might be wiser to hold on to them if you ever plan on selling the car - modified 318iS's (or any car with vague collectability) don't seem to go for as much as minty fresh standard ones. But hey, if it means I get a cheap set of 14" basketweaves I'm not complaining :P

the "SE" side skirts, is that the correct name?

As the name suggests, they came on SE sedans, not 318iS's. I don't even think they were an option? Can't decide if I want a set on mine or not, really quite happy with how OEM looks.

Guest Simon*

Only my opinion, but it might be wiser to hold on to them if you ever plan on selling the car - modified 318iS's (or any car with vague collectability) don't seem to go for as much as minty fresh standard ones. But hey, if it means I get a cheap set of 14" basketweaves I'm not complaining :P

Jon's right. Anything you do from here will devalue the car. So if you're changing wheels, suspension or geometry, make sure you can change them back before sale time

Paint your rockers black! That is all.

No, no, no. Leave red. Looks tits.

Guest Ari Gold

Then the iS lip needs to be red to match the rest of the bottom of the car!

the "SE" side skirts, is that the correct name?

Nope mine doesnt :)

this looks great! does it have a sunroof?

Nope sadly not :( would be so bad ass though if it did !

As the name suggests, they came on SE sedans, not 318iS's. I don't even think they were an option? Can't decide if I want a set on mine or not, really quite happy with how OEM looks.

It might be yeah true , but umm with some rs over basket weaves , id rather buy a car with some nice rs on it tbh so as long as they will be nice and suiting to the car i reckon it will be fine , not decided yet though , and still need to raise a bit more funds for it :)

Jon's right. Anything you do from here will devalue the car. So if you're changing wheels, suspension or geometry, make sure you can change them back before sale time

Thats true, but yeah evrything done to it i will be keeping origional parts , just maybe not the rims depending on what i get next .. e.g a set of rs i would sell the basket weaves if nessary for me to raise the funds :)

I agree , makes it seem a little lower too without actually being lower :)

Then the iS lip needs to be red to match the rest of the bottom of the car!

I had it red when i first got the car , to be honest it looks so much better black :)

I agree , makes it seem a little lower too without actually being lower :)

Yup, spot on. And an extra cool point for non sunroof.

Yup, spot on. And an extra cool point for non sunroof.

Id rather have a sunroof :(

Really keen to paint the rockers black now :/ who is fore and who is againsted ?

i think you should keep both :P

That's the perfect daily driven/weekend cruiser combo IMO

Deffo keep both... then get a red sedan, an M3 an a touring... Awesome!!!

i think you should keep both :P

That's the perfect daily driven/weekend cruiser combo IMO

I have no space for both dads car goes in the garage too :( i want to keep both, maybe i will :)