Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Customising the e-dirty

Ok guys, heres the deal. I'm looking at doing a few things to customise my bmw.

The Car is a Facelift BMW 320i in Royal Blue Metallic

I'm looking for a good mix of parts that will work together.

Heres what I have so far:

Mtech2 rear wing

Jamex 35mm / 40mm springs

New rear numberplate panel to fit euro size plates

Smoked front and side repeators

Europlates (arrive in 2 weeks)

I was going to finish it off with:

iS Lip (and painting front valance)

Mtech1 sides

Bilstein sports

K&N Panel filter

DTM Style exhaust tips

Foglights

At the moment, I'm not worrying about tinting as of yet, as I can live without that for the time being anyway As far as the mtech2 wing goes, I'm thinking I may need to get a different rear bumper to compensate for the extra height.

I was thinking about doing complete Mtech2 but I like the look of Mtech1 more, my only problem being I dont really like the mtech 2 skirts, and without hte mtech 2 skirts you cant use mtech 2 front or rear bumpers because they are much wider and would look outa place with mtech1 skirts.

Taking into consideration the likelihood of both an mtech 2 front and rear kit coming up for auction / sale at a reasonable price, I think its best I stick to custom style, as it will be cheaper and a bit easier to aquire.

Have sorted out some shadowlining tape so will be onto that by the end of the week.

What do you guys think of that combination, what would you change, keep in mind budget is not that flexable as some parts cost quite a bit. Must leave room for painting $$$ etc.

Edited by E30stz

CaM suggests:

you step out of your depth and out of your mind,with your fear flowing out behind you,as you claw the thin ice.... says:

cutties on monroes and 18 inch chromes that look like bubbles

you step out of your depth and out of your mind,with your fear flowing out behind you,as you claw the thin ice.... says:

sorted

Sounds like you know what you want and have a good picture in your head so just go ahead and do it.

Couple of questions, where are you going to source an "is" front lip from and where have you sourced the shadow tape you speak of.

Cheers

As you probably know... i was the random person behind gauging hte interest for the iS spoiler that was on trademe recently, I was considering bringing in 2 or 3 a while back and screwed around a bit untill they ran out of stock, so have to wait till more come in, earliest time I should be able to get some will be around 2 months which is a pitty.

Shadowline tape is getting from my mates neighbour who claims they sell it at his shop. He is a big executive behind the company that runs repco and i think auto-one ? Will post brand and purchase details as soon as I get it. Pickit up on tuesday arvo.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want but then again I'm open to suggestions and opinions. I'm not sure that combination will flow that well.

Edited by E30stz

iS spoilers are only around 330 from dealer...not cheap but it will fit mint, bend on impact and be in general better quality than a cheap (even then not relatively) knock off

shadowline tape can be gotten for v cheap/free, just got to a signwriter and ask for matt black vinyl...although you will need to cut it to size....tape would be handy.

before you go spending money on kit n stuff, bear n mind the novelty wears off quick....i would rather a non kitted FL coupe roll caged n scum than my car...but thats just me. look good can be cool sometimes.

running the m2 wing without anything on back looks wierd..i tried on my first e30 and it just looks incomplete. good luck finding all the sh*t.

yeah will see what my alternatives are with a rear bumper, from what I've seen the iS lips dont look too bad.

Heres a pic

post-8-1122785891.jpg

did you get one?

plastic or glass?

how much?

nah havent got one yet, its fibreglass with black gelcoat - and I'm going to be bringing over a couple soonish. Too expensive to make in NZ.

Talked to N1 kits and they said unless you wanan spend about $1500k making up some moulds tehn yeah, they offered to modify an E46 M3 bodykit for my E30 at the time for I think $2800 which I found rather amusing.

Edited by E30stz

too expensive to make in NZ?

haha they really dont look that complicated...im a bit rusty but could probably knock together one....badass carbon fibre option

Give it a go then. I'll get a few dimensions for ya once this one arrives.

Edited by E30stz

Nice one Andy, sounds sorted. :thumb:

Although the mag part.. whats happening with that?

got it sorted, CaM helped me choose.

I'm waiting 2 see wat comes around, E30 mags never really come up, and if they aint E30 specific .. they aint RWD offset.

Picked up the shadowlining tape today, havent had a chance to give it a go, just reminds me of electrical tape *glances over @ computer putting out some weak smoke... back soon shutting down lol.

Edited by E30stz

yeah will see what my alternatives are with a rear bumper, from what I've seen the iS lips dont look too bad.

Heres a pic

To make a glass mould of this would be childs play. An amateur could have 10 goes at it and still be less that 1500 smackers!

Europlates (arrive in 2 weeks)

meow - they were posted yesterday

post-8-1123537405.jpg

Edited by E30stz

I expect the gain in horsepower will be significantly more with this on the car.

Edited by E30stz

Wicked photo, wicked badge.

I might come steal it.

Personal opinion, but I think that it has certain merit.

You obviously don't agree and thats cool too.

oh the badge looks cool - would just look silly on a car.

ding ding