Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Who recognises these parts?

Just picked up an E36 318iS full motorsport car etc. wont go into too much detail about the car so early in the piece, but came with a box of spares etc that i have figured out what they all are, but im not sure what these bits are for? im not overly familiar with E36s an M44s (yet!)

the two metal parts on the bottom were slid together in the box of parts so am assuming they are one unit. just realised i didnt put anything in the photo to give an idea of scale, but that shaft is about 1" long

anyone recognise these?

Posted Image

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I recognise them... is this a quiz ??

No

chainn tensioner and cap

and some not so important part ,something to do with the spark plug leads from memory??

part 21,22, 23

Posted Image

whats the part number on the blue bit??

Do you slide a screwdriver etc into the blue part and use it to lift out the plug leads?

chainn tensioner and cap

and some not so important part ,something to do with the spark plug leads from memory??

part 21,22, 23

Posted Image

whats the part number on the blue bit??

top bloke Brent! cant see a BMW P/N on the blue plastic piece either but it does have a roundel, so definitely a BMW piece. ill have a look at some diagrams now that i have a lead (pun intended :P

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Thanks sam! seems logical! certainly couldnt find any reference to it before! where does it normally sit on the car, if you know?

seems strange BMW of all companies would have a tool like that given most first buyers wouldn't even touch the cars..

Thanks sam! seems logical! certainly couldnt find any reference to it before! where does it normally sit on the car, if you know?

seems strange BMW of all companies would have a tool like that given most first buyers wouldn't even touch the cars..

sits under the spark plug lead cover at the back