Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

A very nice 635csi, a red 840ci sport and a E39 M5

Hi guys,

Here is a photo of my friends lovely 88 635csi Highline, my 840ci sport and another buddy's E39 M5. We had just arrived very early on the first day of the BMW festival in January.

post-2653-1348499204.jpg

All those cars look immaculate, especially the 8 and 6 series! Kinda off topic but whats gas like for the 840i? I've driven a 850i and around town you dont even want to look at the petrol gauge. Or on the motorway. Or anywhere..

All those cars look immaculate, especially the 8 and 6 series! Kinda off topic but whats gas like for the 840i? I've driven a 850i and around town you dont even want to look at the petrol gauge. Or on the motorway. Or anywhere..

hi mate- thanks - my mate (who took the photo) has the wonderful 6 - arguably one of the best in NZ.

The 8 goes very well - effortless car - does everything very well. However, it has a 4.4 v8 - you don't buy a E31 to be fuel conscious ; however saying that a bit more fuel efficient than the V12.

Cheers.

That is a great shot, got it in high res?

Hi mate - yes I do - more than 6 MB though! My buddy who owns the 6 also is a talented photographer!

Saw the 6 in person a month or so ago driving around Mt Wellington.

I literally stopped at a green light to have a look.

Nice pics SS

Still got the itch for an E39 M5....coming back strong. Would look good next to the M3 :-)

Nice pics SS

Still got the itch for an E39 M5....coming back strong. Would look good next to the M3 :-)

Cheers Phil! Yeah the car photographed is one that you scoped out - it lived in HAmilton and was owned by a Prestige paint shop owner - hence the extraordinary paint work. Despite the mileage hovering around the 170k mark now it had a lot of work done a few years ago under warranty. The current owner drives it virtually every day, yet is on the ball in terms of getting things done and looking after it.

The other E39 M5 that you were keen on was owned by another friend who sold has sold it to someone in Auckland.

I like them too- the last M5 with 3 pedals!

They are getting on a bit now, and there are comparatively few low k garage queens left (rare with any M5's anyway). Heck, but what a car.

What makes the photo was the background light, and the fact the three very different colours all looked very good together!

Cheers.