Sign in to follow this  
Bullitt

My 1986 M325i

Following on from the other thread, time to put it in the right place

1986 M325i Motorsport

Bought new in Palmerston North and at some stage during the 90s made its way down here. I bought it 26 July.

Was talking to a BMW wrecker/garage on friday and he knew the car, apparently it used to have the proper 15" wheels on it last time he saw it :thumbsdown:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jacked it up today and it does have an LSD too :bounce:

go the black motorsport

pimp

Nice dude nice ... did u sell the delsol .. or still got it ?

go the black motorsport

According to the guy I was talking to on Friday its Diamond Schwartz which apparently is a facelift colour?

Confirms the AA report that said it had been repainted. Was originally black anyway so the engine bay etc match. Been painted along time as its now pretty stone chipped but otherwise it dont look like its been repainted so it was a good job

Sold the Del Sol. Its gone to a chick in Ashburton. Got marginally more for it than I paid for this, but by the time I get this sorted itll cost me more

For anyone who dont know this is what I used to have

Posted Image

mind me askin what ya paid? nice crx.....not sure about d shwartz being a facelift only colour, my old mtech1 was it, and im sure ive seen at least a couple of blackies (tims was)

paint looks in good nick

:(

what were you thinkin man!

converted to a bimmer...

Well Im sure its been repainted and Ive been told its Diamond Schwartz. The rest of it Ive been told too but who knows (certainly not me anyway)

I paid $6500 for it. The paint looks good in photos but in person its quite badly stonechipped, otherwise good and shiny though <_< Other things wrong with it are cracked indicators (now replaced) cracked foglights (now glued up until I decide whether its worth replacing them properly), drivers seat worn (bought another back seat and will retrim it)

The reason I sold my CRX is Im doing up a Datsun 160J. I need a car with a back seat and that I can tow with cause currently it looks like this

Posted Image

I've come to the conclusion that....

LMFAO!1!!

Thats one hot M325i.. well done on your upgrade :thumb:

Edited by BMW POWER

Lots of nice cars down that way now, good to see the south island getting some decent things for once :lol:

Nice car!

Edited by Dnz

Lots of nice cars down that way now, good to see the south island getting some decent things for once :lol:

Nice car!

Ever heard of the 3 rangiora M3's?

How about the Milton E39 523 :lol:

Nice transition, v. good, you get a little gold star

Itll get simple stuff but one project car is enough for now. This might see some more money once the Datsun is on the road but for now Im happy just keeping it running

Lots of nice cars down that way now, good to see the south island getting some decent things for once  :lol:

Nice car!

Ever heard of the 3 rangiora M3's?

How about the Milton E39 523 :lol:

soo nice,

i heard of one of the rangiora m3s being sold for $20,000?? i want one.. one day i will lol

Quick update. Got front drivers seat retrimmed using material from spare back seat as mine was totally stuffed

Posted Image

It had the centre top and bottom as well as outside bolsters redone. Only original parts are back, left side bolsters and headrest. Only way you can tell is it now has stripes of stiching running through the bottom piece due to the way the material was compared to the flat piece on the passengers side. Top part matches so Im happy with it.

Also put my 320mm Momo race on from my old car

Posted Image

Nice, retrim looks great.

Are you going to put a short shifter in?

What happened to the MTECH steering wheel?

No plans for a shortshifter, Im happy enough with the gearbox the way it is.

The MTECH steering wheel is currently sitting on my couch but itll soon be stored away to be kept to be put back on at a later date

No plans for a shortshifter, Im happy enough with the gearbox the way it is.

The MTECH steering wheel is currently sitting on my couch but itll soon be stored away to be kept to be put back on at a later date

Fair enough, looks great the way it is.

Looking good... even better in the flesh!

Thinking all that would be required to fit that towbar would be a small slat cut into the kit about 6x1cm...