Sign in to follow this  
bravo

New car - e30 325 or e34 525 or 535

I have started looking seriously now as actually have the funds.

I know that it's usually a case of wait and see what turns up, but that means I am restricted to what I see advertised. So asking on here, hopefully somebody finds a gem I may otherwise have overlooked. No mad panic, will wait till the right vehicle presents itself, rather than buy the first thing that happens to be found. The 320 will do till then, but I need more speed.

Will look at anything North of Hamilton.

Must-haves:

Leather

Manual if 525, but happy for an auto for 325 or 535.

Very good condition

Rust-free

Wants:

Facelift if e30

Manual

4-door

Mtech-2 for 325

Will look at anything up to $8k asking for top examples, but not for anything average or missing most of my wants. Prefer to find a relatively good example for around the 4-5 1/2k mark and then spend any extra on mods.

Just putting it out there.

Cheers folks.

Guest Andrew

hmm man diamond swartz 525i m20 - red leather. Electrics. Body not great paint wise at the front. Lowered - 15" x-weaves. Tints (Tint-a-Car) Good service history. Body kit (you can make it fit better - its off the car right now)

Your kind of car?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NB leather is not faded - damn flash.

Guest Andrew

Oh and your on the money on price.. something starting with 6 and has 3 other numbers that are not zero.

theres a multivalve 525i manual with FSH in white at Renton mazda kaikohe- on for 8 something, so offer them a ridiculous cheap price, and theyll prob take it- i mean who buys a bmw in kaikohe?.....

Edited by nath

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-32610359.htm Go for it!

I have to say, after recently buying an S Class Merc, the E34 is a f**kING AWESOME car and I shall own one forever :D . You will not be disappointed. If that 535 auction came up one month earlier, I could of had two of em. Not to be tho, so heres your chance...

Edited by E30_318i

yeah me and G been talking about that one for a while, what a minter! - km's are a worry but then again those things last 4ever.

Haha that 535 manual rocks. Although 255k seems alot.

Is it just me or is that manual BMW's , alot of them have very high kays?

No worries on parts i should think... not with Brent around anyway :)

you could buy one of my projects . maybe the grey 88 535i manual .

will be selling that soon . can sell as incomplete project ( if you want ) or finished to your spec of engine . ( have some ideas for doing the engine if you want)

535i 5spd is quite good standard , but real quick when done with a few engine mods .

will be fitting a std low millage motor back into it . but if want could pull it down and do a bit of head work , and higher compression pistons etc .

call me some time if you want .

021433600 .

also have 1990 e30 325iA face lift with m-tecII kit black leather and with the cool blue metalic paint that changes a little in the sun light .(factory). 15" 2 piece BBS alloys 90000miles

255 is nothing for an m30...... they go 500 000k but will require aome help along the way.Nice car just lacking the sports seats and doesnt seem to have the body kit......

They are a much different animal than an e 30.......

Is that your upgrade path to the 540 Andrew. Flog your Dad's car while he's not looking. It's a nice looking one.

Brent's E28 would be a good car too. You just have to fight him for it now.

The manuals have higher k's because they are so much more fun to drive Emma.

Edited by cainchapman

actually cain...its my path to the 540

buy 525 + 1UZ....badass

porting, headers, individual throttle bodies and cams......450horsies. woohoo

They are a much different animal than an e 30.......

Different?

Don't you mean better :P

Too right, I put 20,000km on my 525i in the first year, and I'm only a 3km drive from school, or 1km drive from the CBD :wub:

The more I think about it, I want that 535...

Hah .. the first year i've put around 33,000k ish on my car ...

Thought that might be the case Edited by BMW POWER

Would've thought that the manuals were more likely to be NZ new or SA rather than a jappa import, therefore the speedos aren't wound back <_<

Wouldn't mind taking an E34 535 around Manfeild for a test drive, just to see how much the horsies compensate for the weight, I see Udit did some reasonable times for his first go.

Would've thought that the manuals were more likely to be NZ new or SA rather than a jappa import, therefore the speedos aren't wound back <_<

Wouldn't mind taking an E34 535 around Manfeild for a test drive, just to see how much the horsies compensate for the weight, I see Udit did some reasonable times for his first go.

they go pretty well . i take mine to every track day i can get to .

most manuals are nz new or uk import .

Andrew - PM Sent

Nath - That's where that went!!!!!!!! It sat outside Rentons Waiapa for months - I wondered if they'd shipped it to Kaikohe. I will go have a look as I wasn't in the market when it was at Waipapa.

535 on trademe - on my list.

Brent - may call sometime next week or the following one.

Thanks everyone. I will keep you all posted with my progress.

Andrew - PM Sent

Nath - That's where that went!!!!!!!! It sat outside Rentons Waiapa for months - I wondered if they'd shipped it to Kaikohe. I will go have a look as I wasn't in the market when it was at Waipapa.

535 on trademe - on my list.

Brent - may call sometime next week or the following one.

Thanks everyone. I will keep you all posted with my progress.

lying bastards- they said they traded it the day b4! meh o well. it drives pretty damn perfectly and soooo smoooth! however maybe thats because i drive an audi with hard arse sport susp :S

Thanks for the pics Brent - keep me posted on that one. I take it from what I have seen the car is not an ACS, just wrongly badged?

Hope I catch up with you next week.