Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

Seat Belt useage

How often do you wear a seatbelt? (when in a moving vehicle)  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im just curious - there have been a few crashes lately in which young people and speed and no seatbelts seem to be a factor. How frequently do you wear your seatbelt? I feel naked in a car without a seatbelt, especially after one saved me a trip thru the windscreen in a very serious head on crash.

Do you ask your passengers (or others in the car if your not driving) to belt up if they have forgotten? I usually do, and if anyone has a problem with it, I point out that I dont want to be pulled over because they dont want to wear their seatbelt...

Thoughts?

Guest Andrew

You'd have to be pretty tarded to not wear one. There is just no good reason.

If you dont wear one and its on offer, you really deserve the consequences because its your own fault.

I feel real conscious if I don't put it on and always end up making it click. It's not because of the adverts and the law but more because it's been instilled into me since birth. I just feel naked without it.

Unless there was a good reason not to wear one I wouldn't ever consider not wearing one. Sit in car, put seatbelt on.

Yup, its just a mandatory thing for me.

Open door

Sit down

Close door

Put seatbelt on

Put foot on accelerator and boomtown baby! (Yeah right tui time Emma)

i always wear my seat belt and if im in a car with people not wearing one i make them put it on, the only time i didnt wear a seat belt was when we were driving out to that beach thing/ lake front at taupo in evans wagon .. but only cos there wasnt one

sheit nihgga.

i was a courier and i still crank that sh*t everytime.

being all round a cage your kinda wanting to stay put in the car and not be folding round them bars in a crash

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelts. I find the worst offenders are chicks in my car, they hate putting them on.

I often get the bullshit excuse from the back of the E36 - I couldn't find them. I won't drive until they have them on. As they are over 15 it's not my responsibility but if I was in a crash and something happened as a result I'd feel 100% responsible.

ALWAYS - even when i am really sh*t faced and half comatosed in a taxi i somehow manage to do it.

the one time i wasn't wearing a selt belt was in the back of a holden race car, because it was a race car there were'nt any, and we crashed, sideways, snapped a concrete powerpole in half and wrote of the uninsured car.

thank god for the hoodie and beanie i was wearing. saved me from many glass wounds.

poofters

harden up, its only a car crash

someones been watching too many mcdonalds ads

If you care about your loved ones, or yourself, you will belt up.

If you think you're a mucha cool dude and look 'da sh*t' you won't.

And the mucho cool sh*t looking dude seems to be the one whom ends up killing others, or on a slab. Simple really.

100% belt up myself, ask passengers in my car if I don't know they do 100% to belt up.

They don't like it, It's the big middle finger and 'get out and walk bitch' from me.

I always wear a seatbelt.

Only time I havn't was in Rarotonga, ask them what a seatbelt is there, they say "what?" lol

Oh and in the Limousine's when I went to Aus.

Edited by Sudo

ALWAYS - even when i am really sh*t faced and half comatosed in a taxi i somehow manage to do it.

Haha, that's so true, it's god damn it's amazing just how intelligent you are when you're drunk.

I always wear seatbeat ... except sometimes when i'm in a hurry i put my seat belt on after i've started moving ...

I also always tell my passengers to belt up, but generally they all belt up when in my car anyway ..

Taxi is probably the most dangerous ride you will take.

There isnt any law saying you have to wear your seatbelt in a HMV.

So i dont. Plus, from the stories i have heard in the trucking world, in most cases not all, its safer to not wear it than wear it. (in terms of escaping an accident).

This is something that is of wonder to me - what happens if you are at fault in an accident, and the only person injured is one of your passengers who is not wearing a seat belt. Would you still be done for Careless/Dangerous/Reckless use of a motor vehicle causing injury because they chose not to wear their seatbelt, or would it just be a standard driving charge? (there is a difference!!)

Mind you, I suppose it would always come back to how the particular officer of the law is feeling and how you react to them -they definitely change their ways of dealing with you if dont want to cooperate!

Edited by Napier_E36

This is something that is of wonder to me - what happens if you are at fault in an accident, and the only person injured is one of your passengers who is not wearing a seat belt. Would you still be done for Careless/Dangerous/Reckless use of a motor vehicle causing injury because they chose not to wear their seatbelt, or would it just be a standard driving charge? (there is a difference!!)

Mind you, I suppose it would always come back to how the particular officer of the law is feeling and how you react to them -they definitely change their ways of dealing with you if dont want to cooperate!

End of the day - the officer is a DRONE who thinks he/she knows the law. The Judge is the one who you must be concerned about.

There are so many loop holes to get out of a ticket if the copper/copperess dosen't do their job correctly.

Don't get me wrong. I respect all coppers when I talk to them face to face ( unless I know LEGALLY I am in the right ) but i know for a fact, it's a numbers building game in the force where inexperienced coppers fall short often.

Back to topic, if I was driving a truck, a seat belt would be optional. In a accident situation, non wearing truckie seatbelt drivers seem to come off better off.

I may be wrong, but you might be responsable for your passengers in a accident.

Bad lawyer = manslaughter??????

Wife is in bed, can't ask her ( shes a paralegal and knows or can check a book on this stuff )

I always belt up in the back seat, cause when i'm in the back seat i'm riding in someone else's car, dunno how their driving is ... hah ..

I always belt up in the back seat, cause when i'm in the back seat i'm riding in someone else's car, dunno how their driving is ... hah ..

I know what you mean. I was in the back of a car a few weks ago. The first time I haven't been behind the wheel for like, 10+ years. I always seem to be the driver.

I felt kinda at the mercy of the gods just sitting there with no control of the car. ;)

Belted up before I was settled in the seat :) Worse was on the way back, I was in the front, felt like stomping on the imanginary pedals a few times HAHA.

well i voted most the time :blush:

seeing as i where it like alll the time but when it comes to the weekends, like cruiseing town or mission bay etc, between places i just jump in and forget :mellow: cause most the time its just stand still traffic like down queen street on a friday or saturday nite...

otherwise im good the other 5 days of the week lolz

i love sitting in stand still traffic on queen street on a friday night it's so cool, i can ride my clutch, rev my car, cranks my oonce oooonce, use lotsa petrol, and i can do it all night. i dont even have to leave my car. I RULE

:gay: