Sign in to follow this  
efortysix

best panel and paint in auckland?

I managed to crash my 335 this morning and need to know somewhere to take it to get repaired?

I am really wanting a quality job, so suggestions are welcome. Please refrain from suggesting your mates place, just because he needs some work.

I managed to crash my 335 this morning and need to know somewhere to take it to get repaired?

I am really wanting a quality job, so suggestions are welcome. Please refrain from suggesting your mates place, just because he needs some work.

German Kollision Haus

124 Felton Mathew Avenue

St Johns

Auckland

David Morrissey

Ph. (09)5212283

BMW Authorised Repairers

I go to Chandler Paint & Panel Repairs in Ponsonby. Not the cheapest, nor the most expensive but they've always done good jobs. Can't remember the guy's name but their no. is 376 4393.

German Kollision Haus

124 Felton Mathew Avenue

St Johns

Auckland

David Morrissey

Ph. (09)5212283

BMW Authorised Repairers

Second this. My old man will only let this guy touch his car and he's extremly fussy like the rest of us haha.

Either German Kollision Haus (as above) or Precision Autowerks in Glenfield. Both are high end outfits & do a great job.

Sorry to hear this...how bad is it ??..... is it a convertible?

Ive had personal experience with Precision Autowerks on the shore with my e46 project and other cars.

The other is Evans European in the city.

Both insurance approved and have the whole top tear thing going on.

Qaulity is second to none.

There are some others around that do great work such as Judd and Charles, have seen their work on some very compicated stuff (full chassis rail repair and rear end refit) and again top notch.

Precision Autowerks are good. Just be prepared to wait.

If it's a convertible and the roof needs to come out/off, only an approved repairer can get the jig to take it off. I'm told it's stored in Australia and has to be ordered in to do a repair. You cannot take the roof off without the jig.

There insurance work is quick westy, its the walk in stuff they down prioritise over the insurance stuff.

They were pretty slow with the black e46 rear ender (insurance).

Couldn't fault their work though. You could not find any trace of the repair.

I got mine done in a week, in and out when the missus clipped the carpark wall and iceburged the side of the 5er.

The other is Evans European in the city.

I would disagree on this one. I know they used to be good, even though they are bit of a snob. But my personal experience recently with my VW had me trying to discourage anyone from going there.

I would highly recommend German Kollision Haus in Glen Innes like most others did. Also has personal experience with this place, could not fault their work nor customer service. The fact that they are factory approved is even better.

Stay away from Phil Stokes in Onehunga, 6 weeks to paint a rear wheelarch and front bumper and they didn't match the paint right. At least the fisheyes in the paintwork distract me from the colour... <_<

I've always had good experiences with Evan's European, they've done most of our repairs over the years.