Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

My next company car

Which of these cars should I get?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Company car about $1000 per month fully maintained, so about $46k mark.

4 doors and something sensible.

Yep, get the VW from that little list.

Are those the only four you can choose from ? Or is it anything upto about 46k ?

Falcons are a good thing if your not paying the gas :D

Diesals

Pft

:thumbsdown:

The company has a preference for Falcons & Commodores. However, I have a large car that handles better than a new Falcon or Holden, so it pisses me off every time I drive my current Falcon.

One of the product managers has a 3.2CDX Vectra. I'd prefer that (as Ford haven't got the RS Focus here) if I have to drive one of these.

But, I've driven the Golf and it is brilliant. 6 speed DSG, 320Nm torque, sports seats, GTI suspension and a better stereo than the Ford or Holden. It also has a 5 star safety rating. I have to drive it up and down the country, so I'f like something I can get around corners at 100kph.

I work for a German company, surely a VW is not too much of a stretch.

Edited by cainchapman

Opel Vectra's are pretty cool daily driver cars so assuming the Holden Vectra is the same car that'd be my choice

Those V6 Vectras with the factory body kit in silver looks the part. Or the Honda Accord Euro with 6 spd manual are pretty quick (vtek y0), but typical Japanese styling that will date in a couple of years imo.

Too bad you need to have four doors- XR6 Turbo ute is around that price mark.

Damm the golf sounds awesome,

I cant stand the ford or holden thing, go for the Golf!!

I think a New camry would be good ... it's not too slow, and its large and has four doors .. trunk is roomy too ..

I think a New camry would be good ... it's not too slow, and its large and has four doors .. trunk is roomy too ..

Are you serious? :confused:

I had the 05 Holden Exec as a rental for a week, it sucked in so many ways it wasnt funny. Gutless, handled really interestingly. (scary in the wet)

I'd rate the falcon over it any day of the week,

An XR8 with leather is well under $1000/mnth, as would be an XR6T, both of which have won plenty of praise for their handling, (unlike a Commodore, which WILL try and throw you off the road), have shedloads of torque and are safe. . . .

double cab Hilux - diesel turbo that would leave alot in its wake

Holden Crewman

Nissan Maxima (not sure if the new ones are any good - the ones around 2000 - 2003 were awesome)

Toyota Camry Altise (dad has one as his work car - they can move man! but get the sportivio they have a few extra goodies)

But over all, Id have to say VW - turbo diesels can fly... Especially the euros

Hrmm i really think you should add another $20 on there and go with that E30 M3 EVO III .... $65,000 cmon!!

The new Maximas are quick, would probably blow the doors off any 6 cylinder family car out there. My old man looked at one and could have got the luxury Ti model for under $45k. The interior is pretty cool, better than the Aussie cars anyway (I prefer the Honda Accord interiors).

Falcons are too slow, they do over 100 in first gear, and apart from torque and power, I couldn't pick any great improvements over my 1988 E34 (no I don't have my head stuck up my arse). The Commodore is due for replacement in a few months I think, but the current ones are sh*t as already stated haha.

The Camrys would look good if we were in 1995, and their engine specs haven't changed since. The only time I see new Camrys is when they sitting on warves in fleet numbers of driving out of retirement villages :gay:

Damm the golf sounds awesome,

I cant stand the ford or holden thing, go for the Golf!!

Yeah i fully agree. There are half a million Fords and hole dens down here in Dunedin alone, so i would hate to think what its like in Aucks.

Go for the VW.

Hey mayybee im not sure of your personal preference but i quite like accord euros, the new ones, dont know how this goes into your price range but they are quite cool if manual

Hey mayybee im not sure of your personal preference but i quite like accord euros, the new ones, dont know how this goes into your price range but they are quite cool if manual

My Mum likes those. My uncle Michael has a black one.

If a BMW is possible , would an E46 or E39 be a good option for that kind of money?

As a new company car on lease its gotta be a new car not used... so any of those used Bimmers are out immediately.

The large family car will be a problem for you cain, as you will forever be comparing it to your 5'er.

If you can put in a bit of your own cash I'd stretch to the new Golf GTI. I test-drove one a month or so ago, and it was blimmin brilliant. Gotta have the sport suspension even if you go for the TDi... the standard suspension on the new golf is not good. Holds ok in a smooth sweeping corner but try changing direction & it hops something chronic.

No, it needs to be those models of Holden or Falcon as they have "standing". I know I can get an XR6 cheaper, but it is a better car and above my station.

My boss is hesitant to let me have a car allowance, as I'll buy a Lotus Elise with it. It'll cost me money, but I'll have a smile you can see from Europe.

The GTi is too expensive unfortunately, it is also the equivalent of an M, so will be shot down by the beanies. A diesel is not a performance car over here yet.

I do like the Honda Accord 3.0, but they are a bit old man looking (haven't got there yet). Great cars, don't get me wrong. I test drove one to Waihi and back. Pisses all over a Ford or Holden in every facet. I like Honda's, have owned a few.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep fighting for the Tdi.

Yes, it's extremely hard when a new car is not as good as the one sitting in my garage. The new Ford motors are making 8kW more at the flywheel, than the 540 makes at the wheels.

Oh, the only BMW will be one of the Gutless 1 series. I spoke with Brett Riley long and hard about it, and he couldn't get a car with the same performance for the money.

Edited by cainchapman