Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Thoughts on the 2013 7 series?

E65s are terrible, F01 is a far superior car!

I disagree, you wouldn't truly until you own a E65. They are a superb vehicle! I prefer the exterior on the F01 (facelift), but the interior on an E65 seems far more substantial. And I like the pre-facelift front end on the E65 and E65 facelift rear end.

I disagree, you wouldn't truly until you own a E65. They are a superb vehicle! I prefer the exterior on the F01 (facelift), but the interior on an E65 seems far more substantial. And I like the pre-facelift front end on the E65 and E65 facelift rear end.

I disagree, F01 interior is far better quality (i've owned an E65) and think the drive is far better on F01 also.

I see every day the issues with E65s, wouldnt buy another one!

I too drive them most days, F01 is far superior in every way other wise what's the point in bringing out newer, more modern vehicles.

I disagree, F01 interior is far better quality (i've owned an E65) and think the drive is far better on F01 also.

I see every day the issues with E65s, wouldnt buy another one!

No issues with both my E65's one has 242,000 k's on the clock, had it for two years with absolutely no issues! The proof is in the pudding My dad has a F01 730d, so I've driven both vehicles and still prefer the E65 interior. I am actually getting a F01 next year when I move to Australia, importing a 750Li F01 from the UK although I am torn between getting a 7er & a Maserati. In Utopia I would have both ;) But still keeping both of my E65's the 745Li & my daily driver 735i that I will recondition & take with me to Australia when I move to Melbourne.

There are my two E65's I have at the moment. You wouldn't even be able to guess which one has 242,000 Km's. Such a reliable vehicle! 2 years of faultless service.

post-6674-1353990635.jpg

post-6674-1353990753.jpg

post-6674-1353990781.jpg

post-6674-1353990799.jpg

post-6674-1353990814.jpg

IL would be an F02 then, can't own one and not know the model code.

Short piece on some peoples dramas with 2002 E65s

Those are issues that happened with the early E65's that were all ironed out under warranty. Absolutely no 2002 E65 on the market today will have any of those issues.

In fact BMW issued two recalls this month on the E65 BMW's relating to software-related issues, amazing service from BMW giving free repairs to cars that are long since out of warranty. BMW are excellent when taking care of their customers, especially those who purchase a brand new 7 series. The 735i I have had for two years now is a 2002, and it has been absolutely faultless. I've done over 100,000 Km's in it and it has never skipped a beat. It has every receipt since new, including the massive repair bills when it was new & under warranty (about $30k+ worth of receipts :o).

Those issues are far a thing of the past, if you find a E65 with any of those issues. I would recommend that you take a look at it's full service records to track wether it has had any of the service recall items attended to, otherwise I recommend contacting BMW and I guarantee you they would cover the cost of those repairs under good will. BMW are known for that!

IL would be an F02 then, can't own one and not know the model code.

Haha, you know what I mean. When I say F01 i'm just referring to that particular BMW iteration (in this case 7er model year 2009 - current ). Not particularly the model designation, :)

Haha, you know what I mean. When I say F01 i'm just referring to that particular BMW iteration (in this case 7er model year 2009 - current ). Not particularly the model designation, :)

Oh and the term 'iL' (for long wheel base) was long discontinued, the E38 was the last to use that. It is now 'Li' for long wheel base.

Good luck in importing a car into Australia especially if you haven't owned it long!

I'd prefer the S class if I was looking for a big luxury sedan, in particular the S 65 AMG which is 450kw and 1000nm

S Class have always seemed to be a that much better on the reviews than the 7