Sign in to follow this  
Filth

New Member - Parnell

Hey guys,

Haven't introduced myself and I have made a few posts already so my apologies!

My name is Jordy and here is my pride and joy:

http://pho.to/CgPT

Welcome mate :)

Welcome Jordy.

Nice choice of BMW, the E39 530i would be my pick of the bunch too.

I find they are not quite as serious or possibly problematic at the 540i models and offer a good balance of power & torque with the 3.0L capacity over the el-cheapo 2.0 or 2.5L versions.

Got any plans for the car?

Welcome Jordy.

Nice choice of BMW, the E39 530i would be my pick of the bunch too.

I find they are not quite as serious or possibly problematic at the 540i models and offer a good balance of power & torque with the 3.0L capacity over the el-cheapo 2.0 or 2.5L versions.

Got any plans for the car?

Thank you Michael,

Yeah it's been great on gas so far especially on long drives, town driving not sooo much but yeah it's good.

I am currently hunting for a nice AC Schnitzer kit to slap on it - was thinking of getting some BBS rims with a black powder coat.

It's already pretty low as in have to angle over bumps etc - I have slapped new white LED Angel Eye markers on the car which look the part.

Would love to get the tints a bit darker and that's probably about it :-)

Looks good! the 530i is my favourite too, but I have a 525i, because finding ANY manual E39 is hard enough, let alone a 3.0!

Be sure to do the Vanos seals too - gain some low end, and a bit of economy usually. I really noticed the difference, but it may show up more with manual trans.

http://www.beisansystems.com/index.html

Also, check your DISA valve - only takes a few minutes, but you don't want the little pin to suck into a cylinder.

http://www.germanautosolutions.com/buy_m54..._repair_kit.php

All e39s are great... Maybe not so much 520is but anyway welcome! It is very correct that the I6 3.0 is less problematic than the 4.4s.

All e39s are great... Maybe not so much 520is but anyway welcome! It is very correct that the I6 3.0 is less problematic than the 4.4s.

Sweet ride brah. My first bimmer was a E39. Awesome car, timeless design & great engineering. I notice that the headlights are a bit hazed, could do a diy for you on how to restore them if you like. Easy to do & will have your headlights looking like new again

Sweet ride brah. My first bimmer was a E39. Awesome car, timeless design & great engineering. I notice that the headlights are a bit hazed, could do a diy for you on how to restore them if you like. Easy to do & will have your headlights looking like new again

Hah thanks man! Yep she is my first car / BMW... Been a bike man all my life and had to get a car so why not get the one you secretly wanted as a kid!

Yeah the headlights were way worse than in those photos man - I bought a headlight cleaner kit from repco and it seemed to do the job considering how bad they used to look but if you have any other advice as to how to get them looking like new again, fire away!

Hah thanks man! Yep she is my first car / BMW... Been a bike man all my life and had to get a car so why not get the one you secretly wanted as a kid!

Yeah the headlights were way worse than in those photos man - I bought a headlight cleaner kit from repco and it seemed to do the job considering how bad they used to look but if you have any other advice as to how to get them looking like new again, fire away!

Love my bikes too, just that cars trump them for me! Still got any? Had to get rid of mine, but its tempting to get another with better weather around the corner...

Looks good! the 530i is my favourite too, but I have a 525i, because finding ANY manual E39 is hard enough, let alone a 3.0!

Be sure to do the Vanos seals too - gain some low end, and a bit of economy usually. I really noticed the difference, but it may show up more with manual trans.

http://www.beisansystems.com/index.html

Also, check your DISA valve - only takes a few minutes, but you don't want the little pin to suck into a cylinder.

http://www.germanautosolutions.com/buy_m54..._repair_kit.php

Thank you for the welcome and info! I will be sure to get these checked out :-)

Metal polish tends to work quite well on plastic headlights, fairly abrasive so clears off the yellow film.

I used to do this on my Soarers headlights to get them clear again.

Love my bikes too, just that cars trump them for me! Still got any? Had to get rid of mine, but its tempting to get another with better weather around the corner...

Hah nice! Sadly out of the 4 I had they have all gone to new homes :-( had Zx6r, K6 gsxr, Honda cbr600 and a niel lighting - all fun toys but the car has my heart - I even miss her when she's parked in the garage... A definite bond haha

Hello Jordy, welcome. Looking forward to seeing your car

Hello Jordy, welcome. Looking forward to seeing your car

Thank you Dylan :-D