Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

What a day.....

Well this Auckland public transport is getting worse and worse. Again today for the second time in a week my train was delayed 30 minutes making me miss the western line. I then had to wait an hour to catch the 9:25 am train to my course that started at 9 o'clock, they then ended up taking me to bridomart and paying a taxi to take me there. I then found out my mate got hit by a car while riding his mini chopper, some crazy lady that was speeding failed to stop at a stop sign and sent him ten or so metres down the road ripping his skin off to the nerve endings, :( The rest of the day was okay, until my ride from the train staion failed to turn up so i had a 30 minute walk in the pissing rain with no jacket or umbrella, thus i was soaking wet, i then got home and rushed to the toilet, went to flop it out and bam, my cellphone fell ot of my pocket straight into the dunny. If anybody has any experience or knows how to fix water damage in cell phones it would be appreciated, it doesnt have to fully function as long as i can get all my numbers off it. You dont have to touch the thing just tell me how to remedy the problem. I was going to open it up, but the screws are tri's not phillips and i can find no screw driver that will fit it. I have tried drying it with the hairdrier and it is currently in the hot water cupboard. So yea nay further advice would be good, i just hope i have a better day tomorrow. :angry:

take it apart as much as you can. and stick it in the fridge.

and play the waiting game. should dry out over night. :mosh:

life suxs and then you die.

keep us in the know about your mate. thats suxs

Edited by bumpstop325

haha I have droped my phone in the toilet before aswell haha and been run over.... twice

I put it in the phone in the hotwater cuboard and it was sweet

gutted , you had a sh*t day

Yep sure did, sucks hard so maybe i should start a poll, see weather the hot water cupboard, or fridge is better :P

Bummer about your mate. :o

Is he gonna be alright?

yea hes aight, hes got the longest list of injuries ive ever seen, concussions, broken bones, lacerations, hes a walking disaster area, looks like a mummy at the mo haha :lol: not being sad but yea he'll be sweet, getting skin grafts from his ass, got his 1200 dollar tattoo scraped off to though :angry:

got his 1200 dollar tattoo scraped off to though :angry:

Bugger!Is he gonna sue for the value :lol:

take it apart as much as you can. and stick it in the fridge.

and play the waiting game. should dry out over night. :mosh:

life suxs and then you die.

keep us in the know about your mate. thats suxs

just dont put the battery in the fridge with the phone you might kill it

Hrmmm yea might be a bit to late, haha, piss, water and a phone dont mix haha, my girlfriend works for vodafone so shes going to take it to work and see if some of their supplirs could fix it, its still sitting in front of the dehumidifier so we will see what happens in the morning. well im out but ill update on my mate when i find out whats happening, cheers for the support and ill pass it on ^_^

I then found out my mate got hit by a car while riding his mini chopper, some crazy lady that was speeding failed to stop at a stop sign and sent him ten or so metres down the road ripping his skin off to the nerve endings

im guessing he wasnt wearing proper leathers / gear.

if not tough, he knows the consequences.

still sucks that he got taken down by a retard lady. send him regards and a kick in the ass to wear protective gear...

wearing t-shirts and shorts on motorbikes = dumbass.

I had a phone in the spa pool with me for and hour and it survived, i've also had one bounce of a sink and land in the loo aswell.

Don't listen Tim's advice about the fridge, it doesn't work half as good as leaving the phone in the hot water cabinet or next to a dehumidifier.

The most important thing is to turn it off, take it apart as much as you can and leave it for a good day to dry out. Then, stick it all back together and most importantly stick it on the charger for a while before turning it on.

Then you'll be sweet after that.

another tip though, make sure that you save your contacts to the sim card, my phone and most other new ones store the numbers in the phone memory but still let you save 99 numbers to the sim card just in case you kill the phone.

im guessing he wasnt wearing proper leathers / gear.

if not tough, he knows the consequences.

still sucks that he got taken down by a retard lady. send him regards and a kick in the ass to wear protective gear...

wearing t-shirts and shorts on motorbikes = dumbass.

He was just mucking around on a 50 cc chopper, wasn't driving around anywhere, was just out side his house...... bike wasnt his either, a mate popped over to show him and yea <_<