Sign in to follow this  
miskimmin

Music

Hey all,

just wounderin whos your fav rapper?

who do u hate? any why?

Personly i hate 50cent, hes got al sh*t raps with little meaning. He raps about being from the slums and that where he didnt even come from them. The best thing that "the game" has done is diss 50. The only good thing about 50 is that he has good beats, and he doesnt even make em.

Jay-Z's one of the best rappers. Hes got the best flows and lines.

Cam'ron has good flows and he has created his own style.

Kanye has the best beats.

Snoop has sold out, "rytham and gangsta" :wacko: his old stuff was way better.

That is only my oppinion tho.

what do u think?

Hiphop bores the daylights outta me.

Most anyway.Theres some good stuff but overall highly overrated.

Kiwi stuff generaly of a much higher class anyway.

holla dat gansta sniz

i only play aakon and luda in my crib chillin wif bros and hoes sippin on gin and juice playla

jay z is a wacked out mo fo wif crazy beats and mac style yo

holla dat gansta sniz

i only play aakon and luda in my crib chillin wif bros and hoes sippin on gin and juice playla

jay z is a wacked out mo fo wif crazy beats and mac style yo

WTF??

Dirty six,

I respect your comment but how can you say that hip hop is over rated?

its not just a type of music. its a culture. over seas in america and that people live by it. Its the only type of music that envolves all aspects of life.

thanks for your comment

Fair point.

But you could say the same about rock music too.

Hiphop prolly is the new rocknroll.

Not all of it is stink.This Snoop track on the b is a goody,Drop it like its hot?uncensored too.

Just saying most or it isnt as good as it thinks it is.

Prolly say the same thing about rock too I sposs.

Yeh thats true. The only main difference between hip hop and rock is that there is 4 main arts on hip hop, graffiti, MC, DJ and B-Boy (break dancing n that).

Guest Spargo

Who the hell are you people?

Ghostface Killah

Method Man

RZA

Genius/GZA

Redman

Ole Dirty Bastard.

In other words, Wu Tang and their respective side projects. Nothing even comes close.

Honourable mention to:

Busta Rhymes, Chops, Common, Dilated Peoples, De La Soul, DJ Dangermouse, DJ Yoda, Eric B & Rakim, Gang Starr, Kardinal Offishal, Mad Villian, Prefuse 73, Nas, Raekwon, Saul Williams, Vicktor Vaughn.

The whole stick it to the man attitude I guess.

GnR,Metalicca,Stones,ACDC,Tool,lol even Pushpush.

Angry young men.

Same thing with hiphop.

Maybe Im just too old to be angry anymore :lol:

The gangsta attitude grates a bit tho.

yeh man wu tang r mean!

Biscuits by gohstface is my fav song at the mo aye.

does any one like Dead prez?

if you dont know who they are and ur into hip hop get RBG but them. They are real gud. they are controversial because they are all black and brown power and that but they are real good.

Did any one get to see the Roots?

they are mean as well. The Tipping point is a great CD I highly recomend it

i cant stand that akon thing, eminem, snopp dogg or savage or most NZ hiphop for that matter

but i do like

The Game

Redman

Method Man

ODB

50 Cent

D12

Dead Prez

Dr. Dre

Fabolous

DMX

Fat Man Scoop

Lil Kim and Trina (god knows why?)

Outcast

Missy Elliot

Xzibit

thats all i can think of off the top of my head, dont get me wrong though i do like a lot of other music also im not limited to only Hiphop

its not just a type of music. its a culture.

I'm not a big follower of rap, but the only culture of rap I see is a bunch of wannabies thinking the came from the bronx, who idolise 50cent and all the others from the mainstream secene. Its a f**king joke, I'm buggered if I know how someone can get a NY slum accent by growing up in NZ, or somehow limp without being shot in the leg, and dress like rappers/gangsters in the middle of summer. I see and hear this sh*t everyday, its f**king pathetic. If thats the rap culture, I can't see anything to be proud of, and I would prefer the music without it.

sh*t, if 'fiddy' went around in a pink Hyundai instad of a 'benz on chromes I'm sure all the sheep here would rush out and buy Hyundais :gay: (on finance of course)

As for the music, my mates got a huge selection, I was listening to 'bone thugs n harmony' and a few more but couldn't really get into it considering it was a bunch of black guys being 'oppressed' by 'da pigs' and white men :rolleyes:

Apart from that da beats were orrite. Good enough to listen to a few times.

its not just a type of music. its a culture.

I'm not a big follower of rap, but the only culture of rap I see is a bunch of wannabies thinking the came from the bronx, who idolise 50cent and all the others from the mainstream secene. Its a f**king joke, I'm buggered if I know how someone can get a NY slum accent by growing up in NZ, or somehow limp without being shot in the leg, and dress like rappers/gangsters in the middle of summer. I see and hear this sh*t everyday, its f**king pathetic. If thats the rap culture, I can't see anything to be proud of, and I would prefer the music without it.
Your on the money shot right there

its so lame to see the wannabies but music is pretty good, but not good enough for me to dress up and try be one

hiphop= average for me. Really dosent have a huge amount of talent as I see it, the best music is already been and gone, my favourites being Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Zep is amazing, their sound constintly changed, Plant has an amazing voice, Bonham absolutley rocks, an amazing drummer, check out moby dick to see what i mean, 20 minutes of drum solo fury... B)

and Page... dont even get me started on how cool Page is.... I would seriously rate his guitar skills over Hendrix (dare I say it), check a live video of Page in Dazed and Confused, rockin out the violin bow and all.....

and John Paul Jones? who? hahah.....

Floyd did some wickd things, I dig the later stuff better, Sid Barret stuff is just too weird, even for me... I like the solo Gilmour years the best. Wish you were is my favourite albumn, dark side being a close second,

play dark side to wizard of oz, it will follow the story from start to finish. Its damn crazy, push play on the third roar of the MGM lion - see, how crazy is that, i mean, what sort of bands are there like that now? None, as I see it.

Ghostface Killah

Method Man

RZA

Genius/GZA

Redman

Ole Dirty Bastard.

In other words, Wu Tang and their respective side projects. Nothing even comes close.

Honourable mention to:

Busta Rhymes, Chops, Common, Dilated Peoples, De La Soul, DJ Dangermouse, DJ Yoda, Eric B & Rakim, Gang Starr, Kardinal Offishal, Mad Villian, Prefuse 73, Nas, Raekwon, Saul Williams, Vicktor Vaughn.

Now this man knows his hip hop!!

I understand where your commin from. I like some rock also. the thing you nrrd to understand is that rappers have equal if not more talent than rockers. If you listen to the lyrics then you will understand how smart they realy are. Also producing beats is a huge thing. It takes alto of talent to be able to do that. To say that it takes not talent is just naive!

Ghostface Killah

Method Man

RZA

Genius/GZA

Redman

Ole Dirty Bastard.

Honourable mention to:

Dude im fully with you, all those rappers and the likes of pete rock, nice n smooth, aesop rock, aphrodite rule!

HOLLAAAA

Run DMC and the beastie boys = oh yea! anyone see beastie boys at BDO 05? gotta love that sh*t, bone thugs are the illest rappers, but metallica is da best, rock fully rules, offspring and greenday rock off, but teh new rappers 50 cent etc eat giant nut sacks, they have nothing to do with anything, eminem speaks the truth so id give him credit, but hey rock is always gunna rule. By the way NZ rap is well.......... Wank Wank hahahahhahahahah

You ain't heard rap till you've heard Roots Manuva. Respect for the man, Listen to 'witness the fitness' or 'join the dots' - good stuff.

I listen to next to every kind of music - just not the sh*t stuff.

Man, how young are you guys?

Derek B, Run DMC & the Beastie Boys.

Yeah classic, along with LL Cool J.

I like all types of music, depends on what mood I'm in. Anything from PinkFloyd to Dido to Outcast, U2 and Boney M to Rage against the machine etc etc...

What I don't like is the bullshat American ghetto culture that our youth blindly follow.

Hmmm must try that Darkside/Wizard of Oz thing.

music is VERY subjective.

i like what i like i dont expect anyone else to like it, neither do i care if they do / dont.

westside.

Beastie Boys.. seen them twice now. De la Soul.. seen them bad boys in Melbourne

Also like Roots Manuva, LL Cool J, Method Man & Redman, NAS, some of Pharoahe Monch.

Prefer my rock more, including all those sub-genres of rock (Not pop rock tho!!!). Also like some electronica as well. Shy FX, MC Scibadee, Andy C, DJ Hype, DJ Craze.. blah

blah..

I really enjoy most music :D